If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
No city takes its culinary traditions more seriously than New Orleans does. In the early 1800s, Creoles who were Catholics had a day long fast before midnight mass on Christmas Eve. They returned home to an already prepared feast consisting of chicken, souffles, oyster gumbo, game pies, soups, lavish desserts, wines, brandy and coffee. The meals were called Reveillon (French for “awakening”) dinners.
By the 1940s, the Reveillon dinner tradition had pretty much died out. It was revived, however, in the 1990s and has become increasingly popular.
This traditional dinner has changed from homes to New Orleans’ top restaurants. The Reveillon dinners are offered during the day and not at 2 am. Dozens of restaurants now offer the dinners with menus inspired by Creole recipes. But restaurants are featuring their house specialties and adding their own twists to the Creole dishes.
Located in the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel, the Rib Room has been offering a fine dining experience to locals and visitors for over 50 years. It specializes in prime rib, beef dishes, fowl and seafood prepared on giant French rotisseries and mesquite grills. The Rib Room won the prestigious Zagat Award and the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience Silver Medal. The Rib Room will be serving four course Reveillon dinners this December at the price of $65 per person.
Rib Room Reveillon Menu
First Course – Choice of
- Chipotle Shrimp and Grit Souffle with Southern Tomato Gravy and Cebollitas
- Maple Bacon Cassoulet Foie Gras Torchon
- Smoked Braised Lamb Belly Fava Bean Puree
- Grilled Beet and Pecan Crusted Goat Cheese Arugula with Pickled Red Onions and Roasted Beet Poppy Seed Dressing
Second Course – Choice of
- Oyster Chowder with Brie Crostini
- Pumpkin Spice Soup with Candied Pepitas
Third Course – Choice of
- Chilli Glazed Short Rib Chorizo Paella with Charred Lime and Spicy Rouille
- Pecan Crusted Gulf Fish House Made Andouille Potato Hash with Broccolini Worcestershire Glaze
- Grilled Double Cut Pork Chop with Charred Apples, Braised Carrots, Tamarind and Green Chili Mole
Fourth Course – Choice of
- Black Forest Tart Dark Cherry Compote with Shiny Chocolate Sauce and Chocolate Shavings
- Pumpkin Profiterole Pumpkin Custard with Maple Streusel and Apple Brandy Caramel
Omni Royal Orleans is located at the fashionable intersection of St. Louis and Royal Streets. Offering graceful elegance in the heart of the French Quarter, it has received the Four Diamond luxury award for the past 31 years. Modern amenities are incorporated with classic design inspired by the culture of New Orleans. Experience the spirit of the Big Easy at the Omni Royal Orleans.
Omni Royal Orleans Hotel Deals
If you’d like to stay at the Omni Royal Orleans, click here and you can save 10% off the best available rate.