If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Did you know that there used to be Date Night at Disneyland back in the 1950s and 1960s? Disneyland would be open on Friday and Saturday nights until midnight and couples could enjoy the park together at night. The mood and the era of this event are perfectly captured in this music.
If this seems like something you would enjoy today, then good news: you won’t need a time machine! Disneyland is offering a special ticket event in 2020 called Sweethearts’ Nite. It appropriately takes place close to Valentine’s Day (on February 12th and on February 13th) and should be a wonderfully romantic night for you and your love with:
- Immersive photo opps throughout the park featuring iconic romantic Disney movie moments (such as Lady and the Tramp and The Little Mermaid) – and unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital downloads
- A commemorative credential and guide map
- Enjoy romantic music & dancing:
- At an imperial ball (with Disney Characters!) near It’s a Small World
- To live music
- At a DJ dance party
- Romantic food, drink & limited-release merchandise for sale
- Disneyland classic attractions (Please note that some rides, including Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, will be closed during the event)
- Fireworks Extravaganza
- Meet & greets with some of your favorite Disney couples
This would make for a great way to spend time with your love and would also make for a great early Valentine’s Day gift, anniversary present or a great way to say “I’m Sorry”!
You will need to purchase separate tickets in order to enjoy this event. If you are traveling from out of town (or even just from farther away in Southern California), consider making it a romantic getaway and save up to 25% on official Disney hotels or take advantage of these deals on Anaheim hotels near Disneyland.