If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Hong Kong Disneyland in the spring is always magical – but 2019 will be better than ever!
There are a number of special events that will be happening this year to celebrate the spring season.
Let’s take a look at some of the fun things you (and your family) can enjoy on a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland this spring!
Carnivale of Stars
Enjoy springtime at the carnival at HKDL!
You’ll love a fun, energetic daytime processional with more than 30 Disney friends.
At night, you can experience the brand new Main Street projection show, “We Love Mickey!”.
Plus, you never know what Disney character you might encounter during the day!
Disney Character Egg Hunt
There will be over 100 oversized eggs, decorated like various Disney, Pixar & Marvel characters, scattered all over the Hong Kong Disney resort!
New characters for 2019 include:
- Captain Marvel
- The Wasp (from Ant-Man and The Wasp)
- Bo Peep (from Toy Story)
- Slinky Dog (from Toy Story)
- Violet (from The Incredibles)
- Dash (from The Incredibles)
- Jack Jack (from The Incredibles)
- Ralph (from Ralph Breaks the Internet)
- Vanellope (from Ralph Breaks the Internet)
- Cookie (Duffy’s new friend!)
You’ll definitely want to find as many as possible – they make for great photo ops!
If you’re staying at one of the three Hong Kong Disney hotels, you’re in for a treat!
You’ll be able to enjoy the Easter Magicarnival from April 19 to 28. This fun event includes more than 30 themed activities (and over 10 of them are brand new!). Children ages 2 to 6 will love the mini electric cars and Disney-themed bouncy castles, and families will have fun at arts-and-crafts workshops, large-scale inflatable games and special performances. Plus, you’ll be able to see your favorite Disney friends!
There are some hotel-specific activities:
Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel
For guests staying at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, children can participate in the Mickey Sports Day Challenge to show off their coordination, flexibility, and speed.
Disney Explorers Lodge
Young fans of Merida from Brave will love an archery game at the Brave Warrior Challenge Disney Explorers Lodge.
Disney’s Hollywood Hotel
Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Hotel can take part in “Memory Searcher,” a fun new activity that involves finding your way through a maze and searching for memory orbs – just like Joy and Sadness from Inside Out!
Hong Kong Disneyland Food for Spring
Celebrate spring with some delicious snacks, meals and more!
Here are some of the fun treats and experiences you’ll be able to enjoy:
- Royal Banquet Hall – For the first time ever, you can enjoy a character buffet! This dinner buffet includes seasonal food from all over the world – and Donald Duck in a new “royal” look!
- Duffy and Friends Afternoon Tea Set – at the Main Street Corner Cafe Hosted by Coca-Cola
- Outdoor Vending Carts – enjoy a Chocolate Potato Chips Sundae, a limited-edition Casey Jr. Popcorn Bucket and Dumbo Sipper
- Spring Colorful Brunch – Enjoy a new brunch menu at the World of Color Restaurant in Disney Explorers Lodge! The delicious meal items include plant-based chicken rice paper rolls and pan-fried Omnipork hash brown with saffron vegenaise.
- Dessert Moment – Duffy & Friends’ Tea Party – an afternoon tea at the World of Color Restaurant in Disney Explorers Lodge
- Ant-Man and The Wasp-themed DIY chocolate egg-making session – at the dinner buffet at Chef Mickey in Disney’s Hollywood Hotel
Hong Kong Disneyland Souvenirs for Spring
You’ll definitely want to check out some of the new seasonal items available – over 80, exclusively at Hong Kong Disneyland! This includes apparel, stationary, toys and more. Keep an eye out for the new Eggstravaganza egg-shaped toy, starring Toy Story characters plus Mickey and friends!
Brand New Ride at Hong Kong Disneyland
Starting March 31, you can enjoy the new Marvel ride, Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Not only is this ride new to Hong Kong Disneyland, it’s actually the first attraction featuring Ant-Man and the Wasp – as well as the first Marvel-themed attraction with a female Super Hero as a lead character. This new attraction features the stars of the movie Ant-Man and the Wasp, Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly, as well as an exciting backstory involving a mission to defend Hong Kong against Hydra’s attack.
As you can see, there are so many reasons to visit Hong Kong Disneyland this spring! 2019 is definitely shaping up to be the best year yet at HKDL!