If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Discounted Hotels In Holland, Michigan
History of Holland, Michigan
As early as the 1840s, large numbers of people from the Netherlands began settling in West Michigan. Religious persecution brought one group to establish a colony in Holland and to found the Reformist Church of America, a Protestant denomination based on Calvinist values.
Thousands of Dutch immigrants came to West Michigan in the mid1800s. Many of them were farmers who were attracted by the area’s unique climate and fertile soils.
In the spring, millions of tulips bloom throughout the city. The downtown area features Dutch architecture. You can taste Dutch delicacies that can be found in local shops and eateries. It is said that Holland is the closest you can get to The Netherlands without leaving the U.S.
Holland’s beloved “Big Red” lighthouse stands on the south side of the Holland Channel. It has a long history and is the most photographed lighthouse in Michigan.
Author L. Frank Baum spent summers on the shore of Lake Michigan in Holland. It was when he was there that he was inspired to write the classic “The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz.” Baum and his classic story are celebrated in the Holland Oz Project. This is a free outdoor exhibit with bronze sculptures, the yellow brick road, a living floral mosaic and whimsical horticulture.
Holland, Michigan Tourist Attractions
Holland has over 1,800 acres of parks for hiking, cycling, picnicking and playing. DeZwaan Windmill is the only authentic working Dutch windmill in the U.S. Holland is home to several breweries that create great craft beer, artisan spirits and locally made wine.
Holland is also known for its Lake Michigan coastline and its magnificent beaches. The Holland State Park is one of Michigan’s most visited state parks. It is famous for its expansive sandy beaches on Lake Michigan and Lake Macatawa. The park also features a pier and walkway along the harbor channel. This is a popular spot for fishing and beautiful views of sailboats, sunsets, and the Big Red lighthouse.
Tunnel Park is named for the concrete tunnel that cuts through.a sand dune giving access to a lovely Lake Michigan beach.
Kirk Park is known for its high bluffs, wooded dunes and more than ⅓ mile of sandy Lake Michigan beach. It features a swimming beach, an off-leash dog beach and hiking trails including a handicap accessible loop.
Holland Hotel Deals
If you’d like to visit Holland, there are hotels with deeply discounted rates. Book them through Hotels.com to realize the savings. Here are some of the best deals.
- Quality Inn & Suites 61% Discount
- Staybridge Suites Holland 53% Discount
- Best Western Plus Holland Inn & Suites 50% Discount
- Hampton Inn Holland 47% Discount
- Holiday Inn Express Holiday 47% Discount
- Best Western Plaza Hotel 46% Discount
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Holland 45% Discount
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland 43% Discount
- Kingsley House Bed & Breakfast 38% Discount
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Holland 38% Discount
- Starlite Resort 38% Discount
- CityFlatsHotel – Holland 34% Discount
- Blue Star Motel 33% Discount
- Captain’s Quarter Motel 28% Discount
- Courtyard by Marriott Holland Downtown 28% Discount
- The Belvedere Inn & Restaurant 28% Discount
- Residence Inn by Marriott 26% Discount
- Hop & Vine Inn 22% Discount
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Holland 15% Discount
- Pigeon Creek Inn 12% Discount
- Sherwood Forest Bed & Breakfast 12% Discount
- DoubleTree by Hilton Holland 10% Discount
- Judson Heath Colonial Inn 7% Discount
- Baymont by Wyndham Holland 6% Discount