If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Kill Creek Park is just west of Olathe, Kansas, and about half way between Lawrence and Kansas City. There is a large lake with a sandy beach for swimming with a life guard. The lake is known as a fisherman’s paradise. Anglers catch largemouth bass, trout, bluegill, crappie and walleye. There’s a boat ramp and a boat dock. There’s a picnic area with shelters that are perfect for parties and reunions. The Park has miles and miles of hiking, bike and jogging trails.
There are hotels in and around Olathe that are having sales. Book these hotels through Hotels.com and you can get a 3 or 4 hotel for under $100 a night.
- Crossland Economy Studios 95 St. $59
- Days Inn by Wyndham Overland Park $65
- Woodspring Suites $67
- Extended Stay America – Overland Park $71
- Candlewood Suites Overland Park $72
- Econolodge Inn & Suites $76
- Extended Stay America – Lenexa $76
- La Quinta Inn Lenexa $79
- Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa $81
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Lenexa $84
- Clarion Hotel Overland Park $85
- Quality Inn $86
- Comfort Inn & Suites Overland Park
- La Quinta Inn & Suites $89
- Candlewood Suites $94
- Candlewood Suites Olathe $99