If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Now that Halloween is over, I am ready to get into the Christmas spirit!
And if you love Christmas you will absolutely love Busch Gardens Christmas Town, a special event where this Williamsburg Virginia theme park is transformed into an amazing Christmas experience.
There are so many reasons why you should go, and here are 10:
- Christmas shows-Busch Gardens Christmas Town has great shows with so much Christmas Cheer that even the Grinch would enjoy it!
- Deck The Halls: A live musical tribute to Christmas tradition
- Gift of Harmony: Listen to your favorite traditional Christmas songs as well as newer Christmas songs in an a cappella show
- Scrooge No More!: A live Scrooge musical at the Globe Theatre
- Gloria!: A joyous re-telling story of the first Christmas, held in Ireland’s Abbey Stone Theater
- O’ Tannebaum: Gather around the 50 foot Christmas tree & enjoy Christmas Town’s featured light show
- ‘Twas That Night: A full-scale ice show that re-imagines the magic of Christmas Eve & the classic poem A Visit from St. Nicholas, starring World-champion figure skater Elvis Stojko
- Character Meet & Greets-So many of us love sharing holiday photos of our families with loved ones, and at Christmas Town, these character experiences can give you just that:
- Santa’s Workshop: Kids can meet Santa at his workshop and you can get that perfect Christmas picture here, which you can cherish forever
- Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland: Guests can take photos with Rudolph, Clarice, Bumble & Yukon Cornelius in at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland in Holiday Hills. More opportunities for beautiful photos of your family in a great Christmas setting!
- Character Dining Experience-Not enough just to meet your favorite Christmas characters? How about have dinner with them? Busch Gardens Christmas Town has some great dining experiences, including ones where you can meet character:
- Dine With Rudolph & Friends: Enjoy a great buffet lunch with mingling with Rudolph & Clarice (another great photo opportunity!). Then you can get then priority access to Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland, which has 6 more photo opportunities throughout
- Santa’s Fireside Feast: Santa’s Fireside Feast is Christmas Town’s most intimate event of the season, taking place at Ireland’s Castle O’Sullivan’s grand dining room. Guests gather around while Santa recounts a classic Christmas story. Then you can enjoy the wonderful buffet feast the elves have prepared, and you’ll see Mrs. Claus, too. A truly special, unforgettable, classic Christmas meal your whole family can enjoy.
- Tastes of Christmas Town: Included in the cost of this dining experience is an all-you-can-eat buffet and reserved seating to Deck The Halls.
- Holiday Food & Beverages-Get in the Christmas spirit with the food & drinks at the different themed restaurants all throughout the park; for example, enjoy a Dickens-themed cocktail or the signature hot chocolate at Cobblestone Ale & Spirits in the England part of the park. And if you’re worried about getting cold during your visit to Christmas Town, don’t worry; you can always stay warm by purchasing a Souvenir Hot Beverage Mug and stay warm that way!
- Shopping-If you are here before Christmas, you can find the perfect unique Christmas decorations here; for example, you can get a personalized ornament from around the world in Ornament World in Oktoberfest. This is also a great place to find unique European gifts for your friends & family this Christmas; for example, you could pick up a wine-themed gift at Bella Casa, located in Italy (and while you are there, you can treat yourself to an Italian wine tasting!).
- Kid friendly rides-Looking for something to keep the youngest members of your party entertained while you shop? Well, Busch Gardens has great kid-friendly ride, such as the rides in Sesame Street Forest of Fun.
- Thrill rides for older kids-Do you also have teenagers in your party? No problem! Busch Gardens is known for its great roller coasters that should entertain even a moody teenager.
- Highland Stables-Have a hands-on experience with Scottish blackface sheep, Border collies & Clydesdales at the Highland Stables part of Busch Gardens, which is beautifully decorated for Christmas. This is something all members of your party can enjoy!
- Lights-With over 8 million Christmas lights shining bright around Christmas town, it’s the largest Christmas light display in North America! And if you love light, you’ll enjoy the Polar Pathway. The waterfalls of Italy’s Escape from Pompeii are transformed into a cascading icy wonderland that shimmers under the moonlight.
- Great Budget Friendly Cost Options-A really great thing about Busch Gardens Christmas Town is they have great ticket options that make this whole wonderful experience really affordable. You can purchase a Christmas Town Fun Card for $49 & this gives you unlimited visits to Busch Garden Christmas Town for the entire season! So if you live close enough that you can visit more than once, or you are planning a long trip to Williamsburg, you can stop by multiple days, and there is certainly enough to do there!