If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Dollywood is always a lot of fun, but it has a special Christmas feel to it this time of year, and there are many reasons why you should go specifically at this time of year:
- Parade of Many Colors: Beginning at 8:15 PM, enjoy vibrant floats, interactive characters & a heart-warming message during this parade created by Dolly Parton herself!
- Meet Rudolph & Friends: How much would you love to be able to take a picture of you or your child with Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster & Yukon Cornelius at Dollywood? This makes a great Christmas souvenir that would look equally as wonderful on your Facebook page as it would your Christmas card!
- Santa Land: Enjoy Santa Land in Celebration Hall, where you can visit with Santa (and get pictures!) & see the elves get ready for Christmas!
- Christmas Lights: Four million Christmas lights will adorn the park during a Smoky Mountain Christmas so if you love Christmas lights, then you will absolutely adore this!
- Christmas in the Smokies: Enjoy a cast of 14 singers/dancers performing hometown holiday favorites while accompanied by a live 8-person band in this great Dollywood tradition!
- It’s A Wonderful Life: You & your family are sure to love this wonderful musical show telling this classic Christmas story.
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas:Dancing mice. Singing sailors. A young girl believing in Santa while her family finds its own Christmas miracle. All of this makes for a wonderful Christmas show your whole family can enjoy!
- The music: Be taken back to a simpler time when while enjoying an acoustic Christmas at the Back Porch Theater with Appalachian Christmas. Enjoy an a capella performance by the 4 women of MistleTones, where you’ll hear traditional Christmas standards with a new twist! Enjoy hearing the Kingdom Heirs performing wonderful Christmas hymns & songs – a great way to enjoy a Southern Gospel Christmas!
- The rides: In addition to enjoying the Christmas atmosphere of the park, you can enjoy all the great rides that make Dollywood so much fun! My personal favorite ride at Dollywood is Dollywood Express where a steam engine takes you though the Great Smoky Mountains – and how perfect would that be to enjoy during the holiday season?!?
- Dolly’s Christmas Chapel: And finally, you can attend worship services at 5:30 PM each Sunday at the Robert F. Thomas Chapel during the Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival.
You can book your tickets though Reserve Pigeon Forge, and if you book your tickets with a hotel, then you can save money on both the hotel and the Dollywood tickets!