If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Ring in the Year of the Pig by attending a multicultural celebration at Disney California Adventure.
Here are 10 reasons why the Lunar New Year Celebration is a must for you and your friends/family to attend:
- Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration: You’re sure to love this water show at Paradise Bay, which appears nightly with the first performance of World of Color. It features Mulan, Mishu and their friend – a little lantern. Sky-high fountains & dazzling light effects will help tell the tale, which plays out across a captivating mist screen. A moving score, which was originally created by Tan Dun for Shanghai Disney’s Resort opening ceremony, will accompany this show.
- Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession: Watch Mulan & Mishu host a vibrant parade, along with performers & beautiful music from Mulan.
- Entertainment: Enjoy great entertainment unique to this special event
- Disney Character Meet & Greets: You’ll be able to enjoy special appearances by some popular Disney Characters, like Mickey & Minnie Mouse, dressed in colorful event costume
- Paradise Garden Grill: During the Lunar New Year Celebration the menu will be filled with Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese-derived cuisine!
- Lunar New Year Marketplaces: You can enjoy delicious Asian inspired cuisine through California Adventure, not just Paradise Garden Grill, at marketplace kiosks throughout the park
- Decorations: Enjoy beautiful decorations throughout Disney California Adventure that will make this event even more special
- Crafts: There will be great kid-friendly craft opportunities throughout Disney California Adventure that children can participate in
- Activities: In addition to crafts, there will be special Lunar New Year kid-friendly activities that children can participate in
- Lunar New Year Merchandise: You’ll be able to shop Lunar New Year-themed apparel at the park that can help bring good luck to you all year – and help you remember this special event for years to come!
And as long as you’re headed to California Adventure, I know you’ll want to also visit Disneyland – it’s a classic! You can buy admission to both and save money on the tickets by purchasing your tickets through Expedia.