If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
End your summer with a bang by visiting America’s oldest continuing operating amusement park: Bristol, Connecticut’s own Lake Compounce amusement park. Lake Compounce has been a great place for families to have fun since 1846, and it would be a great place for your family to enjoy together before school starts back for the year. It is not only an amusement park but also has a full-scale water park, and there are fun rides that are sure to become our favorite if they aren’t already your favorite:
- Phobia Phear Coaster: New England’s first triple-launch coaster that uses LSM technology
- Down Time: A wild ride where you go to the top of a tower before plummeting 180 feet at 60 miles per hour
- Lights Out: A water slide that zips in & out of a darkened lighthouse at high speeds
- Mammoth Falls: A family raft ride where you can get soaked by splashes of water
- Daniel Tiger’s Grr-ific Day: An attraction that debuted in 2018 (so if you haven’t been to Lake Compounce yet this summer, you really need to come experience this!) which is a great show featuring Daniel Tiger & Katerina Kittycat (and after the show there’s a meet & greet with Daniel Tiger & Katerina Kittycat!)
You can save a lot of money by buying your tickets through Groupon. You can save 26% on weekday tickets & 19% off any day tickets you can use on the weekend. The weekday tickets are valid until September 3rd and the any day tickets are valid until September 9th. So hurry and buy these discounted tickets today while supplies last so you can enjoy wonderful family time before it’s too late and school has started back.