If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Looking for a fun Halloween celebration in the Twin Cities area? Well, you can go to a great event that is fun for your whole family at a very familiar place. That place is Valleyfair theme park in Shakopee, Minnesota!
Last year, Valleyfair debuted a bran new Halloween event called Tricks and Treats. And this year it is back and better than ever! It takes place on select dates on Saturdays and Sundays from September 23, 2023, through October 29, 2023.
Valleyfair is transformed into a Halloween wonderland, complete with two different lands. You can find delicious fall foods and drinks there as well as fun activities and entertainment. I’ll tell you about each land and all the activities and entertainment you can find there. And then I’ll tell you how you can save money on tickets!
The Land of Treats
The Land of Treats has the happy, sweeter feel of a classic fall festival.
There are two different sections of the Lands of Treats: Sweet Tooth Acres and Everfall.
Sweet Tooth Acres
Trick or Treat Trail
This event is called Tricks and Treats. So is it any surprise that this festival has trick-or-treating? This is a fun, safe way for children ages twelve years old and younger to trick-or-treat at eight different doors throughout the land.
The Candy Horns
When you are in Sweet Tooth Acres watch out for the Candy Horns, a roaming brass band.
The Fun-Sized Four
The Fun-Sized Four will also be bringing entertainment to Valleyfair this fall.
Get your creative juices going at a pumpkin decorating station.
Wagon-Along Story Stroll
Take a self-operated family wagon ride on the Tale Trail. Your wagon will wind through pumpkins and hay bales.
It’s always great to share kindness with the world. You can do that by writing a fall-themed encouraging message on a rock (which you can also color!).
The Great Craft Off
Guests from the audience are invited to try to recreate a whimsical fall treat on display. “Celebrity” judges from the audiences will then pick the winners!
The Harvest Duet
Enjoy two talented musicians perform “sweater weather” songs that are perfect for this season.
This is story-time with the younger guests with not-too-scary Halloween stories.
Forest Friends Marionettes
Watch a squirrel and tree perform vignettes in this charming marionette show.
Food & Drinks
- From the Land (Roasted chicken pot pie with biscuit topping)
El Taco Mercado
- Pumpkin Swirl (Pumpkin buns individually baked with spiced icing)
- Sabor del Otoño/Taste of the Fall (Birria, which is a traditional Mexican fall dish made of slow-cooked beef, cheese, rice, avocado & pickled onions)
- Spiced Cider (Apple cider infused with cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger and simmered to perfection)
- You can “bewitch” it with Fireball
- Farmer’s Harvest (Local breaded squashes with tarragon & dill ranch)
The Land of Tricks
The Land of Tricks is the place where see all the scary, gross parts of Halloween like.
There are two different sections of the Land of Tricks: Spooky Spires and Ickyville.
Skeletons of Fun Midway Games
Kids and adults can enjoy the Tricks & Treats twist on traditional midway games.
Frame Worthy Frights
Frame Worthy Frights is a paint-by-numbers mural activity where guests can work together to create some spooky art.
The Spectral Sisters
Enjoy jazz arrangements of popular songs performed by a vintage trio act.
Disco Crypt Yard
Disco Crypt Yard is a silent disco.
Food & Drinks
- Fritters from the Black Lagoon (Seafood fritters with remoulade sauce)
- Bride of Frank’s Ice Cream (Swirled black & white ice cream cone)
- Black Magic Mist (Hibiscus & cranberry juice topped with a black vodka floater & a mixed berry-infused aroma bubble)
- The Count’s Cooking (Spicy bean chili with cheddar cornbread)
- Monster Theater (TV dinner with meatloaf, potatoes & corn served in a TV dinner tray)
Mask Monsters Mash
Want to make your own mask for your Halloween costume? Then this is the place to come because they’ve got everything you need to make your own mask!
Do you remember in the Harry Potter movies and books when a character would get one of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans? And the flavor could be great – or horrible and gross?
Well, that’s what it’s like at Beanboozled! You spin a Wheel of Beans and then see what you get!
The Snots is an all-zombie band that plays gross punk parodies of popular tunes.
The Gross Out Gaunlet
Contestants compete in absurd challenges in this quite disgusting game.
Food & Drinks
- Zombie Juice (Granny Smith apple syrup, pineapple juice, Minute Maid lemonade & vodka)
- Blood Bag Empanada (Empanada stuffed with tomato sauce, sausage & cheese)
- I Vant to Drink Your Blood (Minute Maid lemonade with strawberry
- You can “bewitch” it with vodka
- A Positive Blood Bag (Vanilla vodka, pineapple juice, cranberry & grenadine)
The Sweet Tooth
- Pixie Potion (Minute Maid lemonade with blue raspberry and green apple that’s shimmering with edible glitter)
- Worms in Dirt Funnel Cake (Chocolate funnel cake topped with raspberry preserve, cookies & cream frosting & gummy worms)
- Purple People Eater Blood Bag (Desert pear syrup, cranberry & Minute Maid lemonade)
- The Q-Tip (Marshmallow on a stick dipped in chocolate, then rolled in graham cracker, and finally drizzled with caramel)
Mama Chetta’s Pizzeria
- Bandaged Fingers (Hot dogs wrapped in puff dough with barbecue sauce)
Looking for a coupon code for this event? Well, I can get you something even better: an automatic discount!
We tell you how you can get an automatic discount for Valleyfair tickets here. And since admission to Tricks and Treats is included in general admission, you can use this discounted ticket to get into the park!