If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Does your Mother enjoy shopping? Does she like buffets with one amazing dish after another? If you answered yes to both these questions, then I have the perfect gift for you to give your Mother for Mother’s Day.
A really great gift for your Mom would be a weekend in West Edmonton, Alberta! It is the home of the West Edmonton Mall which is the largest shopping mall in all of North America. It is home to approximately 800 shops with over 150,000 square meters of indoor shopping. Serious shoppers love this mall!
Non-shoppers can also find a lot to do at the mall, including bowling, movies, a waterpark, dinner theater, ice skating, rides and so much more.
DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton is 5.2 kilometers (3.2 miles) from the mall. They will be having a great Mother’s Day Weekend.
On Friday, May 6, 2022, at 6 pm, they are hosting a Mother Me Expo. This is a live self care experience for all ages, genders and walks of motherhood. It is an experience of wellness and healing.
DoubleTree by Hilton also has nightly entertainment over the Mother’s Day Weekend at their Mayfield Dinner Theater. The theater combines Las Vegas style entertainment with an extensive buffet. “Mama Mia” is playing there now and will be until June 12, 2022.
Mothers and families can check out the Mother Me Market (more shopping!) in the DoubleTree Lobby from 9 am to 3 pm on Mother’s Day.
And remember the amazing buffet for your Mother I mentioned? That’s happening on Mother’s Day in their Stages restaurant. Their culinary staff is known for their fabulous buffet brunches and the Mother’s Day Brunch is exceptional.
Mother’s Day Buffet Brunch Menu
- Pink Grapefruit
- Mint Danish
- Cinnamon Twists
- Sweet Loaves & Muffins
- Bagels & Cream Cheese
- Smoothie Shots (Mixed Berries and Chocolate Banana)
- Homemade Granola
- Honey and Sambuca Greviax
- Marinated Shrimp with House Made Cocktail Sauce
- Assorted Deli Meats
- Selection of International Cheeses
- Artisan Bread & Rolls
- Garlic Bread Sticks
- Traditional Caesar Salad
- Organic Salad Greens with Dressings
- Potato Salad with Stone Mustard
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Apple Coleslaw
- Tomato, Red Onion, Balsamic
- Cucumber Tarragon Ranch Sala
- Mushroom & Bean Salad
- Cared AAA Alberta Beef
- Yorkshire Pudding, Red Wine Rosemary Jus
- DIY Pasta Bar
Hot Brunch Entrees
- Buttermilk Pancakes & Cinnamon Sugar French Toast
- Strawberry Compote & Chantilly Cream with Scrambled Eggs
- Traditional Eggs Benedict
- Smoked Bacon
- Pork Breakfast Sausages
- Breakfast Potatoes Sauteed with Bell Peppers, Red Onion and Parsley
- Slow Roasted Turkey with Sage Stuffing and Pan Gravy
- Atlantic Salmon Fillet with Brandy and Caramelized Onion Cream Sauce
- Assorted Fresh Cut Fruit Platters
- Strawberry & Cream Cake
- Rice Pudding with Raisins
- Carrot Cake
- Strawberry & Greek Yogurt Mousse
- Assorted Fresh Baked Cookies
- Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
- Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Warm Donuts
- Chocolate Fountain
Pricing is $58 for guests, ages 12 to 64, $46 for Seniors, ages 65+, and $29 for guests, ages 5 to 11. Children 4 and under can eat free.
There will be three seatings – the first at 9 am, the second at 11:30 am and the last at 2 pm. Each seating will feature a one hour performance by Mike Dominey. Mike is well known in the Edmonton local music scene. He’s a very talented singer, songwriter and musician.
Doubletree by Hilton West Edmonton
The DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton has an indoor pool and on site dining. Guests can use the Business Center and the Fitness Center. Parking is complimentary and they offer pet friendly rooms.
If you’d like to visit the DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton, click here to discover how you can save money on your stay.