If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
The Festival of Arts of Laguna Beach has worked hard to ensure the arts are enjoyed by everyone in the community ever since they were founded in 1932. It was the time of the Great Depression and people throughout the world were suffering. But the artists in Laguna Beach were still inspired to follow their dreams.
And they continue this mission to this day. Throughout the year, they sponsor art education programming and art exhibits. They provide art scholarships to local high school students.
And their crown jewel event year is their annual summertime Festival of Arts. This festival has gained international prestige, with its most famous attraction being the Pageant of the Masters. As the New York Times once said, “There is nothing else in the world like it.” It combines artistry and theatrical illusion. And this year in 2023, it is celebrating its 90th anniversary.
So what happens in the Pageant of the Masters? Real people pose in elaborate sets that recreate famous works of art. It happens outdoors at 8:30 PM under the stars in the Masters’ outdoor amphitheater. The whole experience is enhanced by stage illusions, original music, and storytelling. It will take place each night through September 1, 2023.
This year, the theme is ART COLONY: IN THE COMPANY OF ARTISTS which honors the early artists who settled in Laguna Beach. The show has two different acts.
Works of Art
Here is artwork you’ll see at this event:
- Monet Painting in His Garden by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- Monet on His Boat by Edouard Manet
- Women in the Garden by Claude Monet
- Bal du Moulin de la Galette by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- Annunciation by Luca della Robbia
- Salt Cellar by Benvenuto Cellini
- Pieta by Michelangelo Buonarot
- The Fountain, Villa Torlonia by John Singer Sargent
- The Sketchers by John Singer
- Oyster Gatherers by John Singer
- Bouguereau’s Atelier by J.D. Chalfont
- In the Studio Académie Julian by Marie Bashkirtseff
- Three A.M. by John Sloan
- Hairdresser’s Window by John Sloan
- Red Kimono on the Roof by John Sloan
- The Boxing Match by George Benjamin Luks
- McSorley’s Bar by John Sloan
- Song of the Yellow Flower by Bert Geer Phillips
- The Flute Player by Bert Geer Phillips
- Sunset Dance by Joseph Henry
- Plaza de Ranchos de Taos by Ernest L. Blumenschein
- Le Mirliton: Aristide Bruant by Theophile-Alexander Steinlen
- Yvette Guilbert by Theophile-Alexander Steinlen
- Moulin Rouge: La Goulue by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- Jane Avril – Jardin de Paris by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- Dancing at the Moulin Rouge by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- La Danse Mauresque by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- Song of the Towers by Aaron Douglas
- Emancipation by Meta V.W. Fuller
- Lift Every Voice and Sing by Augusta Savage
- Holy Rollers by Archibald Motley
- Antonio Aguilar by Dan Medina
- Alone and Together (Under the Freeway) by David Botello
- Pre-Game Warm Up by Wayne Alaniz Healy
- Morning Thoughts by Roger Kuntz
- Spectators by Roger Kuntz
- Painting Red Bath by Roger Kuntz
- The Spirit of History, Science and Art by Julia Bracken Wendt
- The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci
Looking for a discount code to help you save money on your ticket? Well, if you purchase a ticket here, then you can save up to 8% on your ticket. The coupon is automatic, too, so no discount code or promo code is even needed.
This ticket not only gets you access to the Pageant of the Masters, but it also gets you access to the Festival of Arts Fine Art Show. So you can come early, listen to some great music and get a glass of wine. You’ll also see and purchase some amazing art.
So act now to take advantage of this great deal!