If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
The Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4, 1776, and America was born. Each year, Americans celebrate the birth of our nation with parades, barbecues, picnics, parties, concerts, fireworks and other festive events.
You can celebrate Independence Day with a bang in Atlantic City and that bang includes more than just the fireworks.
Nearby historic Smithfield has the largest Fourth of July parade in the state of New Jersey. There will be more than 170 marching units in this year’s parade. You’ll see colorful floats, marching bands, dancers, marching veteran groups, costumed marchers and so much more. The parade begins at 9 am on July 4th and up to 10,000 people are expected to line the parade route.
Live entertainment on the long July 4th weekend include
- Masters of Illusion on Friday, July 1 and Saturday, July 2 at Harrah’s with Farrell Diller and the world’s largest touring magic show
- Borgata Comedy Club on July 1, 2, 3 and 4 featuring Mike Feeney, Damian Lancer and Vladimir Caamano
- The Chainsmokers on Friday at the Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena
- The Black Crowes on Saturday at Borgata Event Center
- Nick Cannon Presents MTV Wild N Out Live on Saturday at Boardwalk Hall Arena
- Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo on Saturday at Caesars Atlantic City
- Steve Aoki on Sunday at HQ2 at Ocean Resort Casino Beachclub
- 80s Live with Sound Waves on Sunday at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- New Kids On The Block, Salt N Pepper, Rick Astley & En Vogue on Sunday at Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena
- Magical Mystical Doors on Sunday and Monday at Ovation Hall at Ocean Casino Resort. This tribute act blends the music of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and The Doors.
- Big Time Rush on Sunday at Boardwalk Hall Arena
Other Fourth of July Events & Activities
Fireworks for the weekend will begin on Friday, July 1, 2022. On the Boardwalk you can see a military band playing patriotic music from 5 pm to 8 pm. The North Beach Atlantic City Fireworks will begin at 9:30 pm.
The famous fireworks company Giucci puts on great fireworks shows for the Tropicana every year. They have fireworks shows every Saturday night during the summer and will have it at 10 pm on Saturday. Then, on the 4th of July at 10 pm, there will be another fireworks show that will be visible on the each at the Boardwalk.
The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa’s fireworks display starts at 9 pm and lasts approximately 20 minutes. It is best seen from the Borgata’s north parking lot.
Uncle Sam’s Sing-A-Long is coming to The Claridge Hotel’s Main Boardwalk Showroom on the 4th of July at 5 pm. The singing will be led by Uncle Sam and Rosie the Riveter. Sing along with “America,” “Yankee Doodle Dandy” and “Take Me Out To The Ball Game.” Uncle Sam and Rosie the Riveter will also perform a tap dance. Pricing is $12.50 to $25.
Atlantic City Hotel Deals
If you’d like to visit Atlantic City for the 4th of July, you should consider the following hotels. They have discounted rates which could save you money on your stay but you’ll need to act quickly while these deals are still available.
- FairBridge Hotel Atlantic City 30% Discount
- Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City 25% Discount
- Tropicana Atlantic City 25% Discount
- Ramada by Wyndham West Atlantic City 25% Discount
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Galloway Atlantic City 25% Discount
- Club Wyndham Skyline Tower 18% Discount
- Country Inn & Suites by Radissonm, Absecon Atlantic City 15% Discount
- Seaview, A Dolce Hotel 10% Discount
- Oceanside Lodge 10% Discount