If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Pittsburgh is a passionate city. They are passionate about their sports, passionate about their food and particularly passionate about their holiday celebrations.
WalletHub ranked Pittsburgh as one of the Best Places To Go For St. Patrick’s Day.
Pittsburghers are also passionate about their parades. People line up hours before the start of the parade to get a great spot to see it all.
Western Pennsylvanians claiming Irish American heritage are one of the largest segments of the population. And, of course, on St. Patrick’s Day, everyone is Irish for a day, no questions asked.
Pittsburgh’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade is one of the largest in the United States. It usually attracts between 200,000 and 350,000 spectators. There will be more than 200 marching units in this year’s parade. You’ll see a sea of green with Irish dance troupes, leprechauns, marching bands, bagpipers, military members, community organizations, colorful floats, entertainers, marchers in costume, Punxsutawney Phil and so much more. The 2022 Miss Smiling Irish Eyes and her court will be in the parade.
The parade route is 1.4 miles from its start at the intersection of Liberty Avenue and 11th Street. It will go on the Boulevard of the Allies and will end at Commonwealth Place.
In addition to the parade, the city has a number of smaller events and family friendly activities. You’ll find St. Patrick’s Day parties, brunches and fairs throughout the city on the weekend and on St. Patrick’s Day.
Since St. Patrick’s Day is famous for drinking, it would be fitting to sample libations at Pittsburgh’s great bars and clubs. You can get a discounted rate for the Kiss Me I’m Irish: Pittsburgh St. Patrick’s Day Bar Crawl.
If you’d like to visit Pittsburgh for the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, you should consider the following hotels. They are near the festivities and, if you click on our links, we’ll show you how you can save money on your stay.
- Distrikt Hotel Pittsburgh, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh – Downtown
- Cambria Hotel Pittsburgh – Downtown
- Omni William Penn Hotel
- Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Downtown
- Fairmont Pittsburgh
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown
- Kasa Pittsburgh South Side
- DoubleTree by Hilton HOTEL & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
- Hyatt House Pittsburgh – South Side
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center
- Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Southside Works
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Greentree
- Comfort Inn & Suites Banksville
- DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Greentree
- Comfort Inn Pittsburgh
- Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront West Homestead
- Econo Lodge Pittsburgh I-79
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/West Mifflin