If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
It’s February, and that means Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Do you have your plans finalized? Well, if not, don’t worry. Because we have some great suggestions for things to do for the most romantic day of the year if you are lucky enough to be in Buffalo, New York for the special occasion.
You can go ahead and plan doing this with your partner on Valentine’s Day. Some of these also work well as a Valentine’s Day present you could do at a later time. But whether you do it on Valentine’s Day or later, you’re going to want to check out this list.
1. Buffalo’s Romantic Cityscape: A Stroll Through Beauty
Since you are spending Valentine’s Day in a beautiful city like Buffalo, why not take advantage by taking a romantic tour of Buffalo? You can do just that if by enjoying the tour Buffalo’s Romantic Cityscape: A Stroll Through Beauty. The tour takes you to picturesque spots around Buffalo, like Niagara Square, the Theater District, and Fountain Plaza. All of this is a great backdrop for a romantic selfie. Then the tour ends at Canalside, where you can enjoy a romantic sunset over water. Can’t get much more romantic than that!
It also just so happens that this romantic tour is on sale if you book the tour here. But hurry – there aren’t many spots left for Valentine’s Day.
2. Candlelight: Valentine’s Day Special featuring “Romeo and Juliet” & More
There’s something about romantic music that really sets the mood, don’t you think? Especially when these romantic songs are performed by the Listeso String Quartet. You can enjoy this music when attending the Valentine’s Day Candlelight Special. It takes place over at Forbes Theater.
The tentative lineup of music includes great songs like:
- “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic – James Horner and Céline Dion
- “Clair de Lune, L.32” – Claude Debussy
- “Fantasy Overture” from Romeo and Juliet – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- “Gabriel’s Oboe” from The Mission – Ennio Morricone
- “Intermezzo” from Cavalleria Rusticana – Pietro Mascagni
- “Libertango” – Astor Piazzolla
- “Love Theme” from Romeo and Juliet – Nino Rota
- “Méditation” from Thaïs – Jules Massenet
- “Moon River” from Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Henry Mancini
- “O Mio Babbino Caro” from Gianni Schicchi – Giacomo Puccini
- “Serenade for Strings in E Minor, Op. 20: II. Larghetto” – Edward Elgar
- “String Quartet No. 2 in D Major: III. Notturno – Andante” – Alexander Borodin
3. Candlelight: A Tribute to Taylor Swift
Some of my favorite romantic songs are Taylor Swift songs. And if you and/or your partner is a Swiftie, they will really enjoy Candlelight: A Tribute to Taylor Swift. It is just like the Valentine’s Day special (at the same venue, too), but this just uses Taylor Swift songs. And some of her best romantic songs are part of the line-up, like “Love Story” and “Lover”.
4. Romantic Date Night
There are a lot of great restaurants in Buffalo, New York. You can enjoy a romantic date night at any one of these restaurants.
You can also surprise your partner with an upcoming romantic dinner – and do so at a discounted price – by purchasing the Francesca’s Experience Date Night Package. You’ll be able to enjoy Italian cuisine at Casa Di Francesca’s. This package deal is currently on sale for 43% off. It is only valid for Thursday through Saturday, so it would not work for Valentine’s Day but again can be presented as a Valentine’s Day gift. And the date night package gets you:
- Two specialty salads
- One appetizer to share
- Two entrees (up to a $20 value)
- Two desserts
5. Couples Massage
A couples massage is a great activity for Valentine’s Day – and also makes a great Valentine’s Day gift. And you can currently save up to 59% on a couples massage over at N1 Healthy Spa on Seneca Street.
6. Romantic Niagara Falls Helicopter Flight
A great thing about being in Buffalo is that you are not that far from Niagara Falls. If you make the quick trip there, then you can enjoy the romance of the Falls. Especially if you take this Private Romantic Niagara Falls Helicopter Flight. Niagara Falls looks so beautiful from up above, and that’s something you and your partner can share in an intimate way since it is a private flight. You can even upgrade the experience to Deluxe Flight, which will then include a bottle of sparkling wine that you and your partner can share.
7. Enjoy a Staycation or Quick Trip
There are a lot of romantic hotels in Buffalo. Consider a staycation by staying at one for the night.
Or consider taking a short trip. We list the best Upstate New York romantic getaways here.