If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Are you looking for a truly spectacular place to spend Christmas in 2023? Then look no further than Moon Palace in Cancun, Mexico!
I’ll go over why Moon Palace in Cancun, Mexico is such a great travel destination for the holidays. And then I’ll tell you how you can take advantage of a great sale going on right now that would save you money a stay there this holiday season.
Moon Palace Cancun at Christmas
Moon Palace in Cancun is amazing any time of the year, but it really comes alive at Christmas. It really is an ideal time to visit the resort.
Part of it is when you take into account the weather. Now, I know some people may dream of a white Christmas. But a lot of us think warmer weather at Christmas sounds even nicer. And the average temperature in Cancun, Mexico in December is 69° F. So instead of bundling up in lots of layers, you can lay out at the beach in your bathing suit. Sounds like a nice, new Christmas tradition, don’t you think?
But don’t fear that it won’t feel like Christmas even with the good weather. Moon Palace really goes all out to make the experience special. Guests at Moon Palace Cancun can enjoy a special Christmas villa! It is loaded with sweets and candies that are available starting at the beginning of the season until the beginning of January.
You also get to greet a very special Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. And you can enjoy a delicious Christmas dinner prepared by the resort’s renowned world-class chefs. Now that sounds a lot easier than preparing the meal yourself, don’t you think? This gives you plenty of time to relax or reconnect with your family – but you’ll still enjoy a wonderful, special meal.
But at the same time, you can get the feel of a home-cooked meal. And a lot of the traditional holiday favorites (like ham, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc.) are available at the touch of a few buttons with Moon Palace Cancun’s 24-hour room service.
Here’s another special thing about visiting Moon Palace Cancun at Christmastime. If you get there and you aren’t done Christmas shopping, consider visiting one of the open-air markets in Cancun. You can buy a truly unique Christmas gift there.
Cancun also has high-end shopping centers you can visit, too. So you can enjoy the seclusion of being on a beachfront resort while at the same time enjoying the amenities of a bigger city.
You can see a bit of what Moon Palace Cancun does at Christmas in this video. It is from 2019 and does a good job capturing how festive the resort is during the holiday season.
Moon Palace Resort: Benefits of a Stay
So you already know that staying here at Christmas is great. But one of the reasons for that is how great this resort is.
One of the reasons why a stay here is so great is the amazing accommodations. There are lots of different room options, ending with a 2-bedroom presidential suite. There are lots of different options for views including golf-course views, garden views, and (my favorite) ocean views of the Caribbean Sea. You can even book a Swim Up Suite where you have your own private pool!
And the rooms have great amenities like:
- Daily-refreshed minibar
- Double whirlpool tub
- Plush beds
Things to Do
When you are not just enjoying the Christmas festivities, there are plenty of things to do.
First of all, there is their world-class spa, the Awe Spa. You can choose from a long list of treatments there, like massages, body treatments, facials, and bath therapies. They have over 35 individual and double treatment rooms. They even have an Awe Princess for girls ages four to twelve year olds with spa treatments designed for them. It makes for some great mother/daughter time.
Then, there is their golf course. It is not just any golf course, but a 27-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature course. Players of all levels can have fun here.
Kids have a lot of fun at the Playroom Kids Club, where there’s lots of immersive play and video games.
There are also tennis courts, basketball courts, and pickleball courts. You can rent a bike for free. And here’s something that’s really neat at Christmas time – Moon Palace has its own an ice skating rink!
And then of course there’s fun in the water. You can have the experience of surfing with the FlowRider Double Wave Simulator.
And you can get in the Caribbean Sea and have fun kayaking, paddleboarding, windsurfing, etc.
Oh, and did I mention they have nine pools? Because I am pretty sure you can find a lot of fun things to do there!
Restaurants & Bars
Now, earlier I mentioned the traditional Christmas food you can have during a holiday stay. But there’s tons of other restaurants here, too. In fact, they brag that there is more world-class dining here than days of the week.
Their restaurants include:
- Los Caporales: Authentic Mexican dining with the fresh ingredients
- Bugambilias: Mexico’s finest dining with traditional recipes
- Riviera Maya: Serves age-old recipes from the Yucatan peninsula
- La Trattoria: World-class chefs and fresh ingredients come together to make an incredible Italian dining experience
- Gondola: Italian dishes prepared with traditional techniques in a fine-dining atmosphere
- Momo: Serves the freshest ingredients with an Eastern and hibachi flair
- Agora: Here you can enjoy the delicious flavors of India
- Arrecifes: A Brazilian-style steakhouse that serves fine cuts of certified Angus beef with the freshest ingredients
- Palapa Asadero: Enjoy grilled certified Angus beef served in a picturesque setting
- Pier 8: For lunch, you can enjoy cuisine from all around the world and for dinner, enjoy a feast featuring flavors from the sea
- El Manglar: Get breakfast, lunch, or dinner here at a station serving ever-changing international buffet
- Palapa Pelicanos: They serve snacks during the day, but become a Mediterranean eatery at night. It’s a great place to enjoy a glass of wine while enjoying the Caribbean breeze in a covered dining area.
Moon Palace Cancun also has a number of bars and clubs.
- Noir Night Club: A chic, state-of-the-art night club
- Sky Bar: A futuristic bar in a style reminiscent of a James Bond movie
- The Pub: A traditional English pub where you can catch live music or, for sports fans, watch a game
- Lobby Bar Nizuc: Sip delicious crafted cocktails in this lobby lounge
- Lobby Bar Sunrise: An elegant lobby bar with ambient lighting, comfortable seating, and a full cocktail menu
And to top all this off, Moon Palace in Cancun is all-inclusive! That is really great because it really helps you for budgeting purposes. You don’t have to worry about a bunch of unexpected charges hitting you during the trip.
And speaking of budgeting, it would really help you make the most of your money if you go ahead and book a stay here now.
Moon Palace Christmas Book Early Promotion
The reason why it is better for you financially if you book your stay now rather than later is because of the great sale going on right now! If you book your holiday stay at the Moon Palace in Cancun in August, then you can save up to 35% on the price of your stay!
These are for stays between November 15, 2022, and January 3, 2023. You can click here to get started booking your discounted stay.