If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
If you’re looking for a scare-free way to spend Halloween with your family or to bring kids to in the Richmond area, then check out the Great Pumpkin Fest at Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia. On Saturdays & Sundays from September 22nd to October 28th, the theme park is transformed into a PEANUTS themed Halloween event, and it’s included in your Kings Dominion admission (and you can get a great deal on Kings Dominion tickets through Reserve Williamsburg). Now why do I think you’ll have so much fun at the Great Pumpkin Fest? Check out these ten reasons:
- Trick-or-treating: Pick up a map & a treat bag at the Great Pumpkin Fest Headquarters, then visit all the locations on the map to collect some great Halloween treats!
- Character Meet & Treats: You can get your picture or your kids’ picture with the PEANUTS gang wearing their Halloween costumes!
- Sally’s Pumpkin Painting Patch: Pick out a pumpkin from the patch at Planet Snoopy Fountain and then you can decorate the pumpkin and take it home with you!
- Franklin’s Scarecrow Hollow: Try to find a way out of Franklin’s hay maze at the Chick-fil-A Patio
- Ghostly Games: There will be a variety of fall themed festival games at the Kings Dominion midway. You can try your luck at the game and maybe take home a prize!
- Charlie Brown’s Jungle Journey: Catch this show at PEANUTS Playhouse during Pumpkin Fest, where Charlie Brown & the PEANUTS gang head off on a safari
- Magic with Jonathan Austin: Jonathan Austin will perform magic tricks throughout Planet Snoopy during the Great Pumpkin Fest
- PEANUTS Jump and Jive: Enjoy a one-of-a-kind dance party at PEANUTS Playhouse
- Van Pelt Derby: You can take a break from city life and watch your kid join Linus, peddling around his family farm.
- PEANUTS characters: PEANUTS characters will be walking around the park in their Halloween costumes, so keep an eye out!