If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia is always a fun place to visit during the summer. You can see for yourself how fun the theme park is in this video:
But for the next couple of weeks, you have another reason to visit the theme park. And that is Grand Carnivale!
Grand Carnivale is a really fun festival that lasts between now and July 9, 2023. And I want to tell you what you need to know about this fun event!
Grand Carnivale takes place at nights at Kings Dominion. Here is the schedule for the event:
- June 24 – July 9 (Saturday, Sunday): 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- June 26 – June 29 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday): 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- June 30 – July 7 (Monday, Tuesday, Friday): 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- July 6 (Thursday): 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Shows & Performances
The King, Queen, and Royal Court of the Grand Carnivale will get the party started with the Royal Opening Ceremony.
The King, Queen, and Royal Court will continue to perform throughout the day with the Grand Showcase.
And if you like performances, then you’ll want to head to the Grande Bandstand, where you can find Retrospect. This is a fun, upbeat, interactive song and dance performance featuring talented performers and a great blend of current and classic party songs. I really love this show.
Another highlight of the festival has to be the Spectacle of Color Parade. It features gorgeous floats and energetic street performers.
Once the parade is over, you can enjoy the Carnivale King, Queen, and Royal Queen in singing and dancing along with high-energy music during the Royal Send-off.
In addition to shows, there will be costumed performers like the King and Queen who will be walking throughout the park. This makes for wonderful photo opportunities!
Obviously, while you are at Kings Dominion, you can enjoy the fun rides throughout the park. But there is extra fun during this event. Carnivale Crafts will bring out your artistic side. And guests of all ages can enjoy playing the internationally-themed midway games at Mardi’s Games Gallery.
Food & Drinks
Grand Carnivale is not just shows and activities, though. It is also an international food festival! There are five different stations throughout the park serving international cuisine from five different countries: China, Germany, Spain, Italy, and France. They have a really great menu with really great food. You can read our review of the France market and the German market from Grand Carnivale at Carowinds (the menus are the same). You can even buy a tasting lanyard. You can choose either 6 tastings or 10 tastings. If you choose 10 tastings, you can save up to $35!
They also have a lot of great specialty cocktails and mocktails. You can get your Signature Cocktail in a souvenir pilsner and your Mocktail in a color-changing pilsner.
So let’s go over the menus.
- Crepe Champignon (Crepe with wild mushroom sauce, gruyere cheer, herbs de Provence & shallots)
- Croque Monsieur (Sandwich with brioche bread, ham, Brie cheese, fresh thyme & bechamel sauce)
- Pain au Chocolate (Chocolate croissant with powdered sugar on top)
- Sauerbraten Slider (Sandwich with slider buns, marinated beef, gingersnap sauce, tomato, pickle, & red cabbage)
- Apfelstrudel (Apple pastry with powdered sugar & whipped cream)
- Pretzel Bites (Baked pretzel bites & a beer cheese sauce)
- Panzerotti (Golden brown dough, provolone, ricotta, tomato, spinach, tomato, basil & Marinara sauce)
- Caprese Fresca (Salad with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil & balsamic glaze with pita chips on the side)
- Krapfen di Carnevale (Doughnut full of berries & cream and topped with powdered sugar)
- Paella (Saffron rice, chicken, shrimp, sausage, garlic, onions, peppers, tomatoes & peas)
- Vegetable Empanada (Fried pastries with potatoes, butternut squash, cheese, saffron & garlic mayonnaise)
- Natillas de Leche (Vanilla custard infused with lemon and dusted with cinnamon)
- Bang-Bang Chicken (Skewered chicken with a spicy peanut sauce & scallions)
- Mongolian Beef (Double cooked beef ginger-soy sauce with scallions & carrots and scallions, served over rice)
- Sesame Balls (Lightly fried dough filled with raspberry preserves, with sesame seeds on top)
- Carnivale Cocktail (White wine, passion fruit, cherry & tropical flavors)
- Raspberry Beret (Red wine, Minute Maid lemonade, hints of lavender, lemon & lemongrass and topped with an edible violet bloom)
- Orange Blossom (White wine with orange, lemon & cherry flavors)
- Peach Bellini Spritzer (Prosecco sparkling wine & peach puree citrus garnished with a Chianti-soaked peach)
- Sangria (Red wine infused with seasonal fruit)
- Very Berry Party Punch (Minute Maid lemonade, summer wild berries, Sprite and garnished with a fresh strawberry & raspberries)
- Triple Glitter Jam (A glistening drink with Minute Maid lemonade with blueberry, wildberry & raspberry and garnished with glittered raspberry jam)
Discounted Kings Dominion Tickets
Grand Carnivale is included in the cost of admission for Kings Dominion. And it just so happens you can save up to $41 if you buy your ticket here. So take advantage of this great coupon and use it to attend Grand Carnivale at Kings Dominion!