If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Take part in a celebration of Eastern European traditions when the Slavik Experience returns to St. Louis Park, Minnesota, in the greater Minneapolis area. It will be happening on August 5 and 6, 2023, at the West End Festival Site.
For two entertaining days, you can celebrate all things Eastern and Central European. Celebrate the art, food, music, family, community, freedom, friendship and love. All are welcome. Admission is free.
The purpose and mission of the Slavic Experience is to make a welcoming place for people of Slavic heritage to celebrate, commemorate and share the richness and diversity of Eastern European traditions and customs with the greater Twin Cities community.
People of Slavik heritage include those people whose families emigrate from countries like Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Russia, Slovakia, Belarus, Slovenia, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Montenegro, Croatia and Serbia.
You can enjoy authentic Slavic delicacies. Try cabbage rolls, sausages, stuffed dumplings, kielbasa and pierogies. Enjoy decadent stuffed donuts and desserts from all over Eastern Europe. Expand your palate and delight your taste buds!
You can participate in the Paczki Eating Contest.
Enjoy Zywiec, a Polish pilsner type brand. Zywiec Brewery was founded by Archduke Friedrich Habsburg in 1856 in Zywiec Valley in Poland.
Travel for free at the Slavic Experience and tour the wonders of Eastern Europe without leaving Minnesota. You’ll see polka bands, Ukrainian dance performances and the Polish American band, Deleted Society. Delight in the colorful costumes. Bring your dancing shoes for there will be a dance floor and plenty of music.
Slavik Experience Activities
There will be historical crafting demonstrations. Enjoy storytelling presentations as well as educational presentations. There will be games and activities for everyone at the Slavik Experience.
If you liked the Slavik food you had at the Slavik Experience and now you want to learn more about Slavik cooking, try these cookbooks. Use our links to see how you can save money on them.
- Slavik Cuisine by Lukas Prochazka
- Tava – Eastern European Baking & Desserts by Irina Georgescu
- Authentic Polish Cooking by Marianna Dworak
Minneapolis Hotel Deals
If you’d like to visit Minneapolis for the Slavic Experience, we’d like to suggest some hotels for you to consider. All of these hotels are offering discounted rates which can save you money on your stay.
- InterContinental Minneapolis – St. Paul Airport, an IHG Hotel 25% Discount
- American by Wyndham Chanhassen 20% Discount
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis 20% Discount
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Minneapolis – Minnetonka 15% Discount
- The Royal Sonesta Minneapolis Downtown 15% Discount
- Radisson RED Minneapolis 15% Discount
- Aloft Minneapolis 15% Discount
- Comfort Inn Plymouth – Minneapolis 15% Discount
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Minneapolis Bloomington 15% Discount
- Days Hotel by Wyndham University Avenue SE 15% Discount
- La Quinta Suites by Wyndham Minneapolis Richfield 15% Discount
- Quality Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brooklyn Center, MN 15% Discount
- Travelodge by Wyndham Brooklyn Center 15% Discount
- Quality Inn – in the business center 15% Discount
- Baymont by Wyndham Brooklyn Center 15% Discount
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Minneapolis Northwest 15% Discount
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington MSP Airport 15% Discount
- Comfort Inn MSP Airport – Mall of America 15% Discount
- Sonesta Select Minneapolis Eden Prairie 10% Discount
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Bloomington Minneapolis 10% Discount