If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
New Orleans has long been known as a playground for adults but what about the kids? Actually, New Orleans has a great deal for children and the entire family to enjoy.
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas – Get up close with some of the most fascinating creatures from the oceans.
- New Orleans City Park – It is large and beautiful. You can play miniature golf, rent a canoe or kayak, feed the ducks or play on the playgrounds.
- Mardi Gras World is a behind the scenes look at Mardi Gras. See how the floats are made and see the grandest floats and sculptures.
- Audubon Butterfly Garden & Insectarium is beautiful and great fun for those who love nature.
- Storyland is a theme park featuring fairy tale characters.
- The Louisiana Children’s Museum is a hands on experience with dozens of interactive exhibits.
- National World War II Museum has educational displays and activities ad kid friendly exhibits.
- Audubon Zoo is filled with animals from around the world and has the rare and famous white alligator.
- Carousel Grounds Amusement Park has bumper cars, a train and a variety of rides for kids of all ages.
- Audubon Park is beautiful and has playgrounds and a large walking and biking trail.
There are tours that both adults and children can enjoy. There are swamp and bayou tours, bicycle tours of the city, a pirates tour and aerial tours of New Orleans, both day tours and night tours. There’s also a Kids & Family Fun Tour. And there’s a cruise to the Battle Of New Orleans and cruises on the Steamboat Natchez.
Both young and old can enjoy carriage rides and tours. You can take the ferry to Algiers Point. And streetcar rides are always fun.
And, finally, there’s always Jackson Square. You’re sure to see artists, musicians, mimes, magicians and much more there.