If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Savannah, Georgia is a city dripping in historic charm and makes a wonderful getaway for adults – but it can also be a great vacation you can take your children as well. If you are planning a family vacation to Savannah and are worried there are not enough activities that your kids will enjoy, take a look at this list, and rest assured you won’t be the only one who will have fun on your trip!
- Downtown Savannah Helicopter Tour: A fun way for your kids – as well as you – to see Savannah could be from an aerial view, which you can get by taking a Downtown Savannah Helicopter Tour. You’ll get to see famous Savannah sights from above (such as the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, Forsyth Park, etc.) – and you’ll also get to hear interesting stories about Savannah during the flight. You can purchase this through Viator.
- Savannah Riverboat Cruise: Another way to see & learn about Savannah in a really fun way is the Savannah Riverboat Cruise, which takes place on a replica paddle wheeler boat. Your kids can enjoy the boat while you can enjoy the great views of Savannah’s Riverfront and learning about Savannah’s fascinating history.
- Horseback Trail Rides: When I was a child I, like many kids, loved horses, and if you have a child who is a horse lover, too, then they’ll love Horseback Trail Rides at Red Gate Farms. It’s only 8 minutes from historic Savannah, and it’s a great way to not only ride a horse but also see the natural beauty of Georgia.
- Savannah Dolphin Watch: Dolphins’ beauty and playful nature can be enjoyed by people of all ages, so the Savannah Dolphin Watch aboard the Dolphin Magic is a great choice if you have kids! You can ride Savannah’s largest dolphin watching vessel and cruise along Savannah’s historic waterways towards Tybee Island and along the way, you could see Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins play! In addition to dolphins, you’ll also get to enjoy narration and seeing great sights from the water: Fort Jackson, the Waving Girl, Fort Pulaski, Cockspur Island Lighthouse, Cockspur Island, Tybee Island Lighthouse and Tybee Island. You can get a discounted price for this tour through Trusted Tours & Attractions.
- Scavenger Hunt: If you want to enjoy the historical parts of Savannah, but you worry your child will be bored, then a more “fun” way to approach it would be to do the Self-Guided Savannah Scavenger Hunt. It can be a great way to kind of trick your children into learning history – and it can be a lot of fun for you, too. Plus, it’s very affordable when purchased through Groupon.
- Jumping Jacks Family Fun Center: If you’re having trouble finding something in Savannah your child will have fun, you might have the opposite problem at Jumpings Jack Family Fun Center, where you can enjoy mini-bowling, laser tage, huge inflatables and almost 50 arcade games. And you can get a great deal on admission through Groupon.
- The Pirate House: If your kids love pirates, then they will love eating at the Pirate House, which is in Georgia’s oldest standing building (the food is delicious there, too).
- Savannah’s River Street: A free way to spend some time with your kids is to have fun on River Street, where there are areas for your kids to play.
- Tybee Island: If your kids love the beach, then you can head to nearby Tybee Island and enjoy the beach there!
- Savannah Children’s Museum: And finally, if you want to be completely sure something is children friendly, why not choose something with children in the name? Children can have fun at the Savannah Children’s Museum and expand their imagination exploring outdoors with their sensory garden, exploration maze and more.