If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Celebrating its 30 years in downtown Phoenix, the Cinco de Mayo Phoenix will be happening on May 7, 2023. To date, it has entertained more than 3 million attendees. Cinco de Mayo commemorates the Mexican Army’s victory over the much larger French Army in the Battle of Puebla.
The Festival will begin at 3rd Avenue and Washington. This festival has remained the longest running annual event in Phoenix.
At the festival, you will see
- Lucha Libre is professional wrestling in Mexico. It is characterized by colorful masks, rapid sequences of holds and “high flying” maneuvers.
- Baile Folklorico is a traditional Mexican dance company. It combines dance, music and the culture of Mexican folklore.
- Kids Zone with interactive activities and rides
- Mariachi bands play traditional Mexican folk music.
There will be live entertainment throughout the festival. Local bands will open the show at 12:30 pm and national bands will perform from 5:30 pm. Performers will include
- Latin Bread
- Los Lonely Boys
Traditional Mexican food and drinks will be available for purchase. Merchandise vendors will also be there providing a great shopping experience. There will be checks from sponsors of the festival for youth scholarships to college.
This family festival will have nonstop fun, games, prizes, music and giveaways.
During the first week of May, there will be many smaller celebrations of Cinco de Mayo. Bars and restaurants offer drink and food specials. Mariachi bands perform in clubs. You’ll find pinatas everywhere. And a great time will be had by all!
Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez. Jose Hernandez is a master of mariachi music and the founder of the mariachi band, Mariachi Sol de Mexico. The mariachi band is having a concert at Madison Center for the Arts in Phoenix on Cinco de Mayo.
Ticket brokers online are selling tickets for this concert for $58. Book your ticket here and you can save $23 on each ticket.
If you’d like to visit Phoenix during the Cinco de Mayo celebrations, you should consider the following hotels. They are offering discounts which can save you money on your stay.
- Hilton Phoenix Resort at the Peak
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Legacy Golf Resort
- Comfort Inn & Suites, Phoenix North/Deer Valley
- Extended Stay America Suites Phoenix Biltmore
- Hampton Inn Phoenix Biltmore
- Hyatt Place Phoenix North
- Arizona Biltmore, a Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Sleep Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix Cityscape, an IHG Hotel
- Cambria Hotel Downtown Phoenix Convention Center
- Extended Stay America Suites Phoenix Airport
- Econo Lodge Phoenix North
- Windmill Suites Surprise, Ascend Hotel Collection