If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Las Vegas may be known as Sin City and America’s adult playground, but what happens if you wind up there with kids? Well, dispel any former notion you had that there aren’t any family friendly attractions in Las Vegas, because there’s actually a lot of great things to do in Las Vegas that would be fun for the whole family. Whether you have toddlers, older children or a mix, there are bound to be enough activities to interest – and be appropriate – for your whole family. Here are 10:
- Circus Circus: Your family should absolutely love all the fun activities that you can find at Circus Circus. You can enjoy all kinds of fun activities here: roller coaster rides (including the world’s only indoor double-loop, double-corkscrew roller coaster), midway games, bumper cars, family & junior rides, an arcade, rock climbing, bungee jumping, miniature golf, free clown shows and more. And if you want to stay here during your trip to Las Vegas, you should book the hotel through Hotels.com, where you can get significantly reduced rates.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Las Vegas: Just 25 minutes away from the Strip is this top family attraction, a waterpark on 33.5 acres with something for everyone, with more than 25 waterslides (including a waterslide gaming experience & a funnel slide catapulting you through the air), a lazy river, a wave pool & a Kiddie Cove with 3 waterslides for kids. And you can purchase discounted tickets online through Expedia.
- High Roller Observation Wheel: Here’s a ride your kids can enjoy – but unlike roller coasters you might find at theme parks, adults like myself could actually ride without worrying about losing their lunch. It’s the world’s largest observation wheel and you’ll get 360-views of the Las Vegas Strip & surrounding city while enjoying entertainment in your glass-enclosed cabin. And if you book this experience through Best of Vegas, you can save $5.
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay: Children and adults alike are fascinated by sharks, which make the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay the perfect activity for both children and adults wanting to spend time together as a family. There are more 2,000 different animals at the Shark Reef Aquarium, and it’s North America’s only predator-based aquarium & exhibit. And if you book through Expedia, you can save 10% on a child’s ticket and 7% on an adult ticket.
- Tournament of Kings: You and your family can enjoy a three-course meal while being entertained by a show in which King Arthur welcomes several different kings from around Europe representing different sections of the arena, and you can cheer the knights from your section on as they joust and sword fight. It’s exciting but kid friendly, and as an added bonus, kids under 3 can sit in your lap and eat for free. And you can save 10% off your tickets or other family members’ tickets by purchasing through Best of Vegas.
- Blue Man Group: The Blue Man Group has proven to be popular with both adults and children. The music, comedy & multimedia theatrics plus audience interactive elements will make for an experience your whole family will enjoy. The Blue Man Group is at the Luxor Hotel, and you can purchase discounted tickets through Best of Vegas.
- Popovich Pet Theater: If your family loves their pets, then you’ll enjoy this family-friendly show! This show features clowns, jugglers and 10 dogs and 15 cat performers who were rescued from animal shelters. The Popovich Pet Theater has been featured on both the Tonight Show and America’s Got Talent, and now you can see it at Planet Hollywood’s V Theater – and you can save $28 on tickets by booking through Best of Vegas.
- Madame Tussauds: Your whole family will get a kick out of seeing wax replicas of movie & TV stars, musicians athletes and famous Las Vegas icons (though be warned that some of the outfits you may not find appropriate – I would check out the pictures on the website to give yourself a good idea of whether or not it’s what you want for your family). Also, if your kids love superheroes, then they’ll get a big kick out of the Marvel Super Heroes 4D theatrical adventure, which is included in the discounted tickets available to purchase online – and if you don’t like the rest of Madame Tussauds, the price is low enough that it would be worth it just to go the Marvel Super Heroes 4D theatrical adventure.
- Marvel’s Avenger STATION: Once again, if your children love superheroes, they’re going to love this. It’s a full immersive and educational experience located inside Treasure Island Hotel. You’ll be able to gain access to classified studies & experiments all the while training to become an agent of the STATION. You can also see a range of Avengers operational equipment, like Bruce Banner’s laboratory and Captain America’s uniform & shield, plus you can learn to operate Iron Man’s suit! And if you book this experience through Best of Vegas, you can save $10
- Donny & Marie: Sometimes a show in Vegas might say it’s family friendly, but if you don’t like your kids seeing performers dressed in provocative outfits, you could find yourself attending a show that you wouldn’t want your family at (here’s a good rule of thumb: if you are considering going to a show with your family, do a google image search. It can be extremely telling and can rule out a show for you and help make sure you don’t spend money on a show you don’t want to go to). Luckily, you don’t have to worry about that with Donny & Marie. If you go to their show, you know you will get good, wholesome entertainment – plus, they’re incredibly entertaining! Book through Best of Vegas to get the best rates.