If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
It’s become a yearly tradition for my family to visit Disney World in the springtime for Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival. We just love the topiaries all around the park.
But we also really love the Outdoor Kitchens. These are kiosks set up throughout Epcot. There are a lot of great drinks and foods we can try. We love trying our old favorites again or trying something new.
We’ve told you before about some of the outdoor kitchens at this year’s Flower & Garden Festival:
But today I want to talk about one of my family’s other favorites: Fleur de Lys.
Fleur de Lys
Fleur de Lys is the festival’s outdoor kitchen that is located in the France Pavilion. First of all, I really love that location. For starters, I love its location in the World Showcase if you are entering Epcot from the World Showcase Entrance.
See, in my last vacation, I was staying at Art of Animation. So I could take the Skyliner, get in the World Showcase Entrance, cross the bridge, and you’re right at France. This is so convenient! It’s also convenient when you visit from one of the hotels that is within walking distance or boat transportation from the World Showcase Entrance.
Here are all the hotels I mean. If you click on the links, you can find out how to save money on these hotels:
- Art of Animation (Skyliner transportation)
- Pop Century (Skyliner transportation)
- Caribbean Beach Resort (Skyliner transportation)
- Riviera Resort (Skyliner transportation)
- Beach Club (walking distance or boat transportation)
- Yacht Club (walking distance or boat transportation)
- Swan Hotel (walking distance or boat transportation)
- Dolphin Hotel (walking distance or boat transportation)
- Swan Reserve Hotel (walking distance or boat transportation)
But that’s not the only reason I love the France Pavilion. I also really love the decor, music, and overall atmosphere. And during the Flower & Garden Festival, it also has one of my favorite topiaries, and that is of Beauty and the Beast.
I really love how romantic this topiary is and how good of a job they do with facial expressions.
If I had one negative about the France Pavilion, it is that there is not really a lot of outdoor seating or places to eat. So after we ordered our food, we walked a little further and sat down at a table in the Morocco Pavilion, where you can find more tables.
Fleur de Lys Menu
But having said all that, the main reason to go to the Fleur de Lys outdoor kitchen is its great menu.
- Daube de Boeuf à la Provençal, Compote de Tomate au Romarin Gnocchi à la Niçoise
- Provençal-style Braised Beef, Niçoise Gnocchi, and Rosemary Tomato
- Croissant au Fromage de Chèvre, Herbes et ail Rôtie
- Croissant with Herbs, Goat Cheese, and Roasted Garlic
- Tarte Chocolat Mogador
- Chocolate Tart with Valrhona Single Origin Chocolate Brownie, Raspberry Coulis, and Walnuts and Raspberry Coulis, served warm
- Beignet Caramélisé, Fourré Crème Vanille, Glacé au Caramel Fleur de Sel
- Caramelized Beignet filled with Vanilla Cream & glazed with Caramel Fleur de Sel
- VeRy Raspberry
Rosé Wine with Natural Raspberry Flavor
- Kir à la Poire
- French Sparkling Wine with Monin Desert Pear
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy
- Vodka, St. Germain Liqueur, Grey Goose L’Orange Vodka, and White & Red Cranberry Juice
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 Draft Beer
- Evian Water from France
Food & Drink Review
So which food and drinks did we like best?
We really liked the Daube de Boeuf à la Provençal, Compote de Tomate au Romarin Gnocchi à la Niçoise (or the braised beef).
The beef was very tender. The bread was delicious. It was almost macaroni and cheese-like. It tasted like a great comfort food.
The croissant was really good, too.
We especially liked the goat cheese part of it.
We liked the Beignet as well.
It is not like the beignets I am more used to like the ones you can get in New Orleans (or at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter). So if you are expecting that, you might be disappointed. But once you get past that, it’s really good.
As for drinks, we liked the VeRy Raspberry, too.
It was very light, refreshing, and delicious while being not super sweet.
Also, while I am aware it is just a water bottle, the Evian water from the French Alps I think is a step above just a regular water bottle you can buy at the parks.
The water tastes really good and is especially great on a hot day.
If you are visiting Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival, then we definitely recommend the Fleur de Lys Outdoor Kitchen over in the French Pavilion. Their French food and drink items are delicious.
And by the way, if you do visit Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival, you will need a ticket to Disney World. Find out how to get discounted Disney World tickets here.