If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida is one of my family’s favorite Disney hotels. It has a wonderful Western national park feel to it with incredible detail and it really makes you feel like you’ve gotten away from it all and are deep in the woods and yet you are just a short boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom!
If you haven’t already stayed here, I’m sure you want to; the one thing that may be stopping you is the price. Luckily, here at Green Vacation Deals, we have picked up a few tricks over our many years of visiting the Disney parks so here are 5 tips that can help you get to the Wilderness Lodge!
- Disney Vacation Club: One of the best ways to get an affordable rate but stay at the Wilderness Lodge is to stay at the two Disney Vacation Club sections of Wilderness Lodge, which are Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek (my family recently stayed at Copper Creek and I went into detail about our room here). Now, you may be thinking, but I’m not a Disney Vacation Club Member! Well, luckily, you can still stay there – and it’s a lot cheaper than staying at the hotel section of Wilderness Lodge! What you can do is rent Disney Vacation Club points through David’s Vacation Club Rentals, and, well, don’t worry if that sounds complicated – we made a video here that can help you through the process of renting a room at Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek. Trust me, you can save a lot of money by doing this and your family (and bank account) will thank you for it!
- Swagbucks: Another trick my family does to help us afford multiple Disney trips a year is Swagbucks. Basically, what we do is we earn Swagbucks online (which you can get through online purchases, surveys, buying gift cards, etc.) and then we redeem these “Swagbucks” for Walmart gift cards, which we then use to buy discounted Disney gift cards at Sam’s Club. Whew! It’s actually not as complicated as it sounds, and we go into more detail about Swagbucks here. I definitely recommend starting Swagbucks; even if you say book your room through a Disney Vacation Club rental, you can use those Disney gift cards to help you save money on dining or tickets which help make the overall cost of your trip lower!
- Undercover Tourist: If you want a bit simpler of a way to save at Disney, don’t worry; we’ve got those, too. One of those is Undercover Tourist. They offer great rates for Disney hotels (and Disney World tickets, too).
- Expedia: Expedia is another website that can get you good rates on the Wilderness Lodge, and you can earn points towards other trips, which is always great. It can also save you time as you can book your flight and tickets along with your hotel stay if you are flying into Orlando.
- Hotels.com: Another place you might want to check for a good deal is Hotels.com, because you can use coupons on your stay and Hotels.com often has coupons that can put their rates lower than their competitors. You can check for current coupons here.