If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort is arguably one of the best hotels to stay in at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. From its grandiose theming to its ideal location near Magic Kingdom to its monorail access to its spa, there are many reasons why you would want to stay at the Grand Floridian. Price, however, is not one of them, since Grand Floridian is generally the most expensive hotel at Walt Disney World.
However, you should not get discouraged that Grand Floridian is completely out of your price range. There are ways for you to save money while staying there. In fact, here are 5:
- Stay at an off-peak time: You can get cheaper rates on Disney hotels if you stay at off-peak times. If this is possible, consider looking for a room during the week rather than the weekend and during the fall rather than the summer. Check out Undercover Tourist to see some great rates for hotels.
- Book hotel & ticket package through Undercover Tourist: Undercover Tourist typically has some of the best prices found online for both Disney hotels & Disney World tickets, but you can save even more through a current promotion Undercover Tourist has for Grand Floridian. If you book at least a 4-night stay at Grand Floridian then you can save an additional $55 of your order if you book it along with one of the following ticket options: Park Hopper Ticket (3-day , 4-day or 4-day with an extra day deal), Magic Your Way Ticket (3-day, 4-day or 4-day with an extra day deal), 3-day Park Hopper Plus Option e-ticket or 3-day Park Hopper Plus Option with extra day. See Undercover Tourist for more information.
- Use a promo code through HotelWiz: Another way to save money on your stay at the Grand Floridian is to use a promo code when booking through HotelWiz. If the total amount of your hotel stay comes to $1,000 or more you can use the promo code “HWIZ100” to save $100 on your hotel stay. This may or may not be cheaper than the price you see on Undercover Tourist; I would check both options to find the best price.
- Book a DVC room: Disney’s Grand Floridian offers Disney vacation club rooms, which can save you a lot of money on staying there. Please see here for more information on what the DVC program is and how you can save money.
- Earn swagbucks to get Disney gift cards: Another option you could consider is earning Swagbucks. You can earn Swagbucks online in a variety of ways (answering surveys, watching videos, even from everyday online purchases) and you can use the Swagbucks to earn money for gift cards for Walmart. You can then buy Disney gift cards (at a discount) through Sam’s Club or buy Disney gift cards at Walmart and then use those Disney gift cards to either pay for your hotel room or pay for a lot of your hotel room. Here is more information on how to earn money from Swagbucks.