If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Begun in 1977, the Scottish Games & Celtic Festival are presented by The Ohio Scottish American Cultural Society of Ohio. The games are held on the fourth Saturday in June which would be June 23 and 24 this year. They will be at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea, Ohio, which is in the greater Cleveland area.
The Ohio Scottish Games feature the traditional athletics, music and dance of the ancient Highland games. The games are held for the enjoyment of Scottish Americans and to introduce the Scottish arts and traditions to the community.
Solo pipers and drummers will compete on the first morning of the games and the pipe bands will compete in the afternoon. Groups of Highland Dancers will compete in the various genres of Highland Dancing.
Other competitions will include
- Keg Toss
- Scottish Fiddle
- Haggis Throw
- Knights of Valour
- Kilted Mile
- Scottish Harp
- Highland Athletics
- Irish Music
- Poetry Competition
There will be live entertainment throughout the festival. You can enjoy country dancing, Bagrock bands, ballards, bagpipes and more.
Vendors will be at the festival selling pottery, jewelry, celtic items and more. Food vendors will be there and this will be your opportunity to sample delicious Scottish treats, including haggis, scones, shortbread and much more.
If you’d like to go to the Scottish Games and want to dress the part, use our link to see some great Scottish clothes for women.
If you liked the food at the festival and want to learn more about Scottish cooking, try these cookbooks. And you can use our links to see how much money you can save on each book.
- Scottish Heritage: Food & Cooking by Carol Wilson and Christopher Trotter
- 350 Homemade Scottish Recipes by Mary Hicks
- The British Cookbook: authentic home cooking recipes from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland by Ben Mervis and Jeremy Lee
If you’d like to visit Cleveland for the Scottish Games & Celtic Festival, you should consider the following hotels. They are all offering discounted rates which can save you money on your stay.
- Luckman Flats by Barsala – 29% Discount
- The Luckman Apartments by Barsala – 29% Discount
- Kimpton Schofield Hotel, an IHG Hotel – 20% Discount
- Wyndham Cleveland Airport – 20% Discount
- Comfort Inn Downtown – 20% Discount
- Comfort Inn Independence – 20% Discount
- Quality Inn & Suites Richfield – 20% Discount
- Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport – 20% Discount
- Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East – 20% Discount
- The Orbit Hotel, Trademark Collection by Wyndham – 15% Discount
- Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport – 15% Discount
- Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Westlake – 15% Discount
- Wyndham Avon – 15% Discount
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland – Independence – 10% Discount
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland Westlake – 5% Discount