If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Raleigh’s International Wine Festival is returning by popular demand to City Plaza. This will be happening on Saturday, October 21, from 12 pm to 8 pm. The festival is free to attend and is open to the public It is kid and pet friendly.
Over 25 international winery representatives are coming to Raleigh for the festival plus wine representatives from the U.S.
Participating wineries include
- Schild Estate Wines from Australia
- City Moonlight by Organic Wines from Spain
- Silk Road Georgian Wines
- Cricova Winery from Moldova
- Castoro Cellars California
- La Fiola Wines from Spain
- Esencia Wines with wines from Spain
- Ksara Wine from Lebanon
- Tri-Vin Imports
- Cork Capital Wines from Macedonia
- Karas Winery from Armenia
- Echeverria Winery Chile
- Fine Terroire Wines from France
- Lovemark Advance Wine from Argentina
- Bottle Diplomacy Importers with wines from Spain and Italy
- Interbolt Products, sparkling wines from Ukraine
- Anthony Alport selections from New Zealand
- My Story Wines from California
- Vini Mundi Imports
- Larchago Wine from Spain’s Rioja region
- Fratelli Wines from India
- BWSC Organic vegan biodynamic wine from Austria, France, Spain, and Italy
Sommeliers will be at the festival and you can learn about wine pairings.
There will be Beer & Cider Tastings. Ukraine, Czech Republic, England, India and Germany will all have brews and brewery representatives at the festival. Blueprint Brewery from Apex, North Carolina and Ghostface Brewery from Charlotte will also be there.
Sample punch cards will be available for purchase. You must be 21+ and present a valid photo ID.
Back by popular demand is the Costume Contest. You could win a prize! If you don’t have a Halloween costume yet, check out the costumes here.
An LED Dance Party will begin at 6 pm. Bring your lights!
Live entertainment will be an important part of the festival.
- 12 pm – Certified Vibes Band
- 1:10 pm – India Folklore Dance
- 1:30 pm – Kim Ferrette – Mill Pond Dance Studio
- 1:50 pm – Venezuela Dance Group Lead by Meralis
- 2;10 pm – TIK TOK CHALLENGE by Team Blaze
- 2:20 pm – Shelby Jordan Music
- 3:20 pm – Halloween Costume Contest
- 3:30 pm – Mexico led by Jessica
- 3:50 pm – Hawaii led by Fiante
- 4:20 pm – Colombia led by Pilar Takin Academy
- 4:40 pm – Venezuela Dance Group Lead by Meralis
- 5:00 pm – Brazil and Interactive led by Jenny Geska Samba teamect
- 5:30 pm – Team Blaze Laser GLOW
- 6:30 pm – International GLOW Dance Party
Be sure to bring your appetite to the festival because there will be some amazing food trucks and food vendors at the festival. You’ll have a chance to taste cuisine from Italy, Japan, India, Jamaica, France, Poland, Greece, Samoa, Cuban, Honduras, Korea, Mexico, U.S.A., Cuban and Armenia.
Some of the participating food vendors include
- Finca Burger
- Island Cafe
- Problanos Tacos
- Kono Pizza
- Taste of Armenia
- Tacos Mama Chava
- Five Loaves and Two Fishes Jamaican Cuisine
- The Raccoon Grill
- The Rican Lab
- Mama Nem’s Food Truck
- Boogie Bakes
and many more.
If you’d like to visit Raleigh for the festival, you should consider the following hotels. They are all offering discounted rates which can save you money on your stay.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Raleigh Durham: 15% Discount
- Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport RTP: 15% Discount
- Sonesta Select Raleigh Durham Airport Morrisville: 15% Discount
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Raleigh Durham Airport RTP: 15% Discount
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham International Airport: 15% Discount
- Sonesta ES Suites Raleigh Durham Airport: 15% Discount
- Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary: 15% Discount
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Cary: 15% Discount
- Sonesta ES Suites Raleigh Cary: 15% Discount
- Hilton Raleigh North Hills: 12% Discount
- Sheraton Raleigh Hotel: 10% Discount
- Waterwalk Raleigh RTP: 5% Discount
If you enjoyed the international cuisine at the festival and want to learn more about cuisines of other countries, try these cookbooks. And use our links to see how you can save money on each one.