If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Attention all foodies and wine lovers! The Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California is hosting their annual Food and Wine Festival again!
The Food and Wine Festival takes place at Disney California Adventure theme park. It definitely has a California theme. There are a lot of wonderful f0ods and drinks from California that are highlighted in this festival.
But the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is more than just drinking wine and eating food (which of course would be enough, right?). I’m going to tell you about all the special features of this great festival. And then I’ll tell you how you can save money on tickets!
The best part about the Food & Wine Festival at Disney parks is all the delicious food and wine you get to try. You can go to different festival marketplaces around Disney California Adventure. You’ll be able to eat your favorite foods or sip your favorite drinks. Or perhaps even better, you can try foods or drinks you’ve never had before.
They have some great Festival Marketplaces lined up in 2022. The menu items here are inspired by fresh, delicious California-grown ingredients.
California Craft Brews
California has a lot of great breweries. At this marketplace, you can sip drinks from some of California’s best local breweries.
Here you can enjoy a glass or a flight of some of the best wine from California.
I love this marketplace because avocado is one of my favorite California-grown ingredients. You can go here to get menu items that have (what else?) avocado in them!
A lot of delicious berries are grown in California, and they are highlighted in this marketplace.
I Heart Artichokes
Enjoy menu items featuring artichokes prepared in two different ways.
This marketplace serves hot and spicy menu items with a California twist!
Here you can enjoy some of your favorite flavors from popular Los Angeles food trucks.
This marketplace has a sports fan in mind. It has beer, sliders, and wings. What else could you want?
Nuts About Cheese
Here you can get some of the best cheese that go along great paired with wine.
This marketplace sells scrumptious sweet and savory dishes.
This marketplace serves mouthwatering dishes along with specialty beverages.
Well-seasoned food & nectarous drinks make up the menu offerings at this marketplace.
Cocktails at Sonoma Terrace hosted by CORKCICLE
Another great place to get some wonderful drinks is the Golden Vine Winery. You can sample a wonderful selection of California wines and craft brews. You can also enjoy some delicious bites like a Bavarian pretzel.
If you are a foodie then I know you would love to see a culinary demonstration. Well, there are a lot of great culinary demonstrations at the California Adventure Food & Wine Festival. You can see culinary demonstrations by both visiting chefs and Disneyland chefs.
- Saturday, March 5th: Pastry Sous Chef Stephanie Yee
- Sunday, March 6th: Disney California Adventure Park Chef Toby Hollis
- Saturday, March 12th: Festivals Beverage Team Brenden Neumayr, Elena Aranda, Alexander Fuentz Cardenas & Angie Arenas
- Saturday, March 26th: Executive Chef Chris Maggetti
- Sunday, March 27th: Festivals Chef Moises Carranza
- Saturday, April 2nd: Chef de Cuisine Alex Flores
- Sunday, April 3: Pastry Sous Chef Gracie Gomez
- Saturday, April 9th & Sunday, April 10th: Candy Maker Markus Meza
- Saturday, April 23rd: Culinary Director John State
- Sunday, April 24th: Pastry Sous Chef Christina Orejel
- Saturday, March 5th: Chef Steve Kling
- Sunday, March 6th: Chef Soon Teoh & Khim Teoh
- Saturday, March 12th: Chef Wing Lam
- Sunday, March 13th: Chef Jamie Gwen
- Sunday, March 13th: Rafael Molina
- Saturday, March 19th: Chef Bret Thompson
- Sunday, March 20th: Chef Shaun O’Neale
- Saturday, March 26th: Chef Alejandra Tapia
- Sunday, March 27th: Chef Omar Fierro
- Saturday, April 2nd: Chef Jamie Gwen
- Sunday, April 3rd: Chef Rich Sweeney
- Saturday, April 9th: Chef Shachi Mehra
- Sunday, April 10th: Chef Justin Warner
- Saturday, April 16th: Chef Ernie Alvarado
- Saturday, April 16th: Chef Paolo Dungca
- Sunday, April 17th: Chef Jet Tila
- Sunday, April 17th: Chef Paolo Dungca
- Saturday, April 23rd: Chef Kevin Bludso
- Sunday, April 24th: Chef Nyesha Arrington
There are also culinary demonstrations given by festival sponsors.
- March 12th, March 13th, April 2nd & April 3rd: California Milk Advisory Board
- April 16th & April 17th: Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co.
- April 23rd & April 24th: National Geographic
Wine, Beer and Mixology Education & Tasting Seminars
A popular feature at the Disneyland Food & Wine Festival every year is the Wine, Beer, and Mixology Education & Tasting Seminars. You’ll need to reserve a spot beforehand since they are so popular.
Here is the schedule for these seminars.
- Brown Estate: Saturday, March 5th & Sunday, March 6th
- Silver Oak & Twomey: Saturday, March 12th & Sunday, March 13th
- Avensole Winery: Saturday, March 19th
- Akash Winery: Sunday, March 20th
- Hill Family Estate: Saturday, March 26th & Sunday, March 27th
- MacMurray Ranch: Saturday, April 2nd & Sunday, April 3rd
- Skywalker Vineyards: April 9th & April 10th
- Silverado Vineyards: Saturday, April 16th & Sunday, April 17th
- McBride Sisters: Saturday, April 23rd & Sunday, April 24th
- Crowns & Hops: Friday, March 4th
- Calidad Beer: Friday, March 18th
- Karl Strauss: Friday, April 1st & Friday, April 15th
- Disney Mixology featuring Lamplight Lounge: Saturday, March 5th & Sunday, March 6th
- Maker’s Mark: Saturday, March 12th & Sunday, March 13th
- Disney Mixology featuring Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar: Saturday, March 19th & Sunday, March 20th
- Strong Water Anaheim: Saturday, March 26th & Sunday, March 27th
- Disney Mixology featuring Hollywood Lounge: Saturday, April 2nd & Sunday, April 3rd
- Shadow Ridge Distillery: Saturday, April 9th & Sunday, April 10th
- Disney Mixology featuring Magic Key Terrace: Saturday, April 16th & Sunday, April 17th
- Portuguese Bend Distillery: Saturday, April 23rd & Sunday, April 24th
- March 10th: Beekeeper Cellars
- March 17th: Brewer-Clifton Winery
- April 7th: Disney Sommelier Arielle Harris
- April 21st: Disney Sommelier Eri Horii
There is a lot fun themed entertainment going on at this festival, in addition to all the fun you can normally have at Disney California Adventure.
The Jammin’ Chefs create fun rhythms with pots and pans in Hollywood. This is an act so great that even Chip ‘n’ Dale get in the act!
Live Festival Music
Enjoy an authentic “California sound” by some outstanding bands that will perform at this festival.
Alice’s Wonderland Bakery Unbirthday Party
Special guest chefs at the Hollywood Backlot Stage in Hollywood Land will help junior chefs in their decorating.
Goofy the Chef at the Hollywood Backlot
You can stop by the Hollywood Backlot to say hi to Goofy the Chef!
Carthay Circle Winemaker Receptions
The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival features three nights of gourmet wine-focused pairings. They highlight wines from different California vintners. These events cost extra and you will need to reserve them in advance. They cost $140 per person plus tax and gratuities.
- Brown Estate (with Coral Brown)
- Friday, March 4, 2022, 7:00 PM
- Le Artishasic (with Sommelier Chris Hoel and Artie Johnson
- Friday, March 18, 2022, 7:00 PM
- Skywalker Vineyards (with Tom Johnson)
- Friday, April 8, 2022, 7:00 PM
Soarin’ Over California
So here is one of my favorite parts of the Disneyland Food & Wine Festival. And it actually has nothing to do with food or wine!
And that is the Soarin’ ride. The first time I rode the Soarin’ ride, all the locations were places in California. Since then it has been updated to instead include places all over the world, like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Kilimanjaro National Park, Taj Mahal, the Pyramids in Egypt, etc.
But during the festival, Soarin’ is going to go back to the Soarin’ over California version! I think it is so exciting that for this brief period, you can do the original ride. I love both versions a lot. But after doing the Soarin’ Around the World version so much lately, I think it’s really neat to be able to do the other version.
Select kiosks and shops will sell Festival Merchandise. This includes souvenirs, apparel, gifts, signed art, and Festival Gift Cards.
While certain parts of the festival may cost more money, admission into the festival itself is included in admission to Disney California Adventure. You can get discounted tickets to Disneyland and California Adventure theme parks by clicking here.