If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is one of the best hotels at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. No, scratch that. It is the best Disney hotel. At least, for my family, it is. It has everything you could want in a Disney World. Want to escape to a far off amazing location? You feel like you’re on an island in the South Pacific at the Polynesian! Want quick access to Disney World? Polynesian is located on the monorail line – and you can even walk to Disney World! Polynesian has all the theming and convenience you could want in a Disney World hotel – and then some!
But they say a picture says a thousand words. So how about a video? A video could do a far better job than I of conveying how amazing this hotel is! So we have compiled a video from our stays at the Polynesian to show you.
This virtual tour should give you a good idea of the feel and atmosphere of the hotel.
Here is some of what you will see in the video:
- A standard studio villa with one queen bed, one sofa bed, and a pull-down bed themed to Lilo & Stitch
- The beautiful grounds of the hotel. Seriously, if you stay here, just walk around for awhile. It is so gorgeous
- The Great Ceremonial House, where you can find the lobby, gift shops, and dining options. Take a peak at the breakfast we got at Capt. Cook, which includes Mickey waffles!
- Pineapple Lanai right outside the Great Ceremonial House, where you can get delicious dole whip
- The monorail that you can catch from the Great Ceremonial House. It takes you right to Magic Kingdom!
- The amazing pool complexes at the resort. The main pool, the Lava Pool, has a volcano theme and features a 142 foot-long waterslide. There’s a smaller, quieter pool near the DVC section of Polynesian. Both pools have pool bars and poolside dining options.
- The new Bora Bora Bungalow section
- Magic Kingdom fireworks, which you can see near the Bora Bora Bungalows. Pretty great to be able to see the fireworks from outside your hotel room, right?
Polynesian Village Villas & Bungalows
Now, you might have some questions about some of what I just said. Like, what are the Bora Bora Bungalows? Why were you staying in a villa and not a standard room? What is the DVC section?
A few years ago, Disney added a Disney Vacation Club Section to Polynesian Village. These have rooms you can get through Disney’s Vacation Club. But here’s the thing. You actually do not have to be a Disney Vacation Member in order to book them. You can book them for great rates through David’s Vacation Club Rentals. My family stayed at the main hotel the first couple of times we stayed at Polynesian. But the last three times, we stayed at a studio villa (which you see in the video). It is a wonderful way to stay at this amazing hotel at a much more affordable rate.
We go over the process of how to do that here:
You can even rent a bungalow this way. The Bora Bora Bungalows at Polynesian are amazing. They sleep up to 8. They are perfect for large families or a multi-generational trip. The bungalows consist of a 1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, and 2 single pull-down beds. You even get your own private deck and a plunge pool! Now, needless to say, these rooms are more expensive than a studio. But you can still save money once again if you book through David’s.
Looking for other tips to make your trip to the Polynesian Village Resort at Disney World perfect? Then check out our full list of Polynesian tips!