If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Green Bay Travel Guide
I hear Green Bay and I immediately think of the NFL team and its championships and Hall of Fame players and coaches. That’s my first thought but there is so much more to the city than its football team.
Green Bay is located at the southern end of Green Bay, an arm of Lake Michigan at the mouth of the Fox River. It is Wisconsin’s oldest settlement and one of the oldest European settlements in the United States. In the 1600s, it had a thriving shipping industry and was famous for beaver pelts and paper production.
The area was first settled by the French who gave the city the name of “La Baie” (The Bay). The British took over Wisconsin during the French Indian War and their name of Green Bay stuck.
Water, water everywhere means beautiful views and water sports. Take a stroll on the De Pere Riverwalk. Take a kayak tour. Go boating or stand up paddleboarding or white water rafting.
Football fans will want to take a tour of the Packers Heritage Trail, see Lambeau Field and the Packers Hall of Fame.
So many things to see in Green Bay! The Botanical Garden has beautiful well manicured gardens and is one of the most photographed spots in town.
Visit the Railroad Museum or have fun at the Bay Beach Amusement Park and the NEW Zoo Adventure Park.
The Dairy State is known for its cheese and you can get just about any kind of cheese imaginable here. Frozen yogurt is another Green Bay favorite. Be sure to try a Kringle, a delicious Danish pastry. Green Bay is also known for its breweries and wineries and tours and tastings can be fun.
Take a tour of Green Bay on a Segway PT, electric scooter, or an E-bike.
Visit the Oneida Market operated by the Native American Oneida tribe. You can purchase pumpkin bars, wild rice, corn soup, white corn meals, cheeses, herbs, teas, aromatherapy, and homeopathic remedies.
If you’re planning to visit Green Bay, you’ll be happy to learn many of the hotels are offering some great deals. The following hotels can be booked for under $100 a night. Act quickly, these prices are too good to last. Click here to get started.
- Baymont by Wyndham Green Bay $55
- Bay Motel $58
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Green Bay $58
- Hotel J Green Bay $59
- Extended Stay Airport $64
- Comfort Inn Green Bay $69
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Green Bay WI $74
- Hamilton Inn Green Bay $74
- Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay/Airport $74
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Green Bay WI $75
- Hampton Inn Green Bay Downtown $76
- Hyatt Regency Green Bay $76
- Quality Inn Stadium Area $78
- Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham Green Bay $79
- Aloft Green Bay $80
- Quality Inn & Suites Downtown $80
- Sleep Inn & Suites Green Bay South $80
- Americinn by Wyndham Green Bay East $83
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East $83
- Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center $84
- Radisson Conference Center Green Bay $84
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Green Bay $85
- Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay $89
- Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium $89
- Residence Inn by Marriott Green Bay Downtown $89
- SpringHill Suites Green Bay $89
- Kress Inn, Ascend Hotel Collection $94
- Comfort Suites $99
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Green Bay $99