If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Disney’s Very Merrytime Cruise combines three of the greatest things in life: Christmas, travel & Disney, so what more reason would you need to book one of these cruise? Well, to help further convince you to take a Christmas time Disney cruise (and to help justify the existence of this blog entry), I am going to give you 7 reasons you and your family will love this cruise:
- Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Ball: Enjoy a welcome party for the guests of honors (Santa and Mrs. Claus, of course) which will feature Broadway-style entertainment & beloved Disney characters, like Elsa & Anna!
- Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party: Another great holiday party you can attend on this cruise is the Deck the Deck Holiday Party, where Disney characters will lead high-energy family dances such as the “Yuletide Slide” & a conga line around the pool, limbo under oversized candy canes and hula hooping
- Mickey’s Tree-Lighting Magic: You’ll get to watch Mickey Mouse & his friends lead carols during a lighting of the cruise ship’s 3-deck tall Christmas tree
- Family holiday activities: The holidays are a great time to spend with your family, and there are great activities you’ll be able to do with your entire family, such as singing along with Dickens-inspired carolers & building gingerbread houses
- Special kid & teen activities: But on the other hand, if kids want time by themselves – or, more importantly if you want some adult time – there are great holiday activities just for kids, where they can make holiday cards, gingerbread men & women cookies, holiday animation cells, decorate stockings, etc. There are also holiday-themed parties for teens & tweens, too.
- Lots of departure & port options: If you think that Disney only offering a few of these cruises and just out of Florida, then think again! There will be Very Merrytime Cruises departing from Port Canaveral & Miami, Florida; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Galveston, Texas; San Diego, California & New York City! You’ll be sailing to exotic locations like Antigua, the Bahamas, Mexico, Colombia, Key West, the British Virgin Islands, Jamaica & more! It just depends on which cruise you choose. So you’ll be able to enjoy a great Christmas family vacation while visiting beautiful locations!
- Castaway Cay: If one of the ports on your cruise is Disney’s private island of Castaway Cay, you will see the island beautifully decorated for Christmas! You’ll hear Christmas island music, see a decked-out Christmas tree, Mr. and Mrs. Snowman, who will be dressed in their island attire…and you’ll even see some “snow flurries”!
If you would like to save money on this cruise, then read our 5 ways to save money on Disney cruises!