If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
This Christmas, how about instead of Santa visiting your house, you visit Santa’s house?
Well, you don’t have to travel to the North Pole to achieve this because, in case you didn’t know, Rovaniemi in Finland is known as the Official Hometown of Santa Claus, and at Santa’s Village in Rovaniemi, kids can meet Santa every day of the year!
And Crystal Ski Holiday is offering a wonderfully valued package where you’ll get to do just that, and a lot more!
Here’s what’s included in this great Lapland, Finland package, Santa Adventure Ruka:
- Return flight
- Accommodations at the Aurinkorinne Apartments
- Transfers to & from the resort
- 4 activities:
- Snowmobile Taster: First, your guide wil give you a safety course & you’ll learn how to operate a snowmobile. You’ll then get to travel along the trails through a forest. 2 people will ride per snowmobile. Drivers must be at least 15 years old, and children ages 12 to 14 years old will ride as a passenger and must be strong enough to hold on. Kids up to 11 years old will ride in a sled on the back on the snowmobile. Afterwards, young children (recommended ages 5 and up) can try driving their own mini-snowmobile or quad bike under the supervision of the guides.
- Husky Farm and Taster Rides: You will be transferred to a husky farm while you’ll get to meet the incredible huskies. Then your instructor wil show you how to guide the dogs as well as drive the sled through the forest, 2 people per sled. Afterwards, you will get to take a tour of the husky farm.
- Reindeer Experience: You will get to meet a local herder & his reindeer. You’ll get to experience a short ride in a reindeer sleigh, the same way Lappish people travelled. After your sleigh ride, you’ll get to feed the reindeers & enjoy a hot drink & regional pastry.
- Santa’s Secret Cottage: You’ll drive by coach to Santa’s cottage, where his elves will welcome you. There will be fun & games outside and then you’ll enjoy hot drinks in a lakeside hut. Next, you’ll meet Santa & he’ll invite you into his cottage to tell you stories about his elves, Rudolph and why he left the North Pole. You’ll learn a traditional Finnish song (in Finnish) & you can enjoy cookies & drinks. All the children will be given a present & there will be tons of photo opportunities. And before you go, you can post a card or a letter in the Post Office next door
- Thermal overalls, gloves, boots and wool socks provided at the start of each activity
When you’re not enjoying the fun Christmas activities provided in this package, you can try downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, ice fishing, ice karting, snow shoe safari & more at the resort.