If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
If you visit Chicago, Illinois during St. Patrick’s Day, then you are truly in for a treat.
Chicago has a lot of fun ways to celebrate Irish culture & tradition throughout the city.
Here are 3 fun things to do in Chicago on St. Patrick’s Day:
- The famous Chicago River is dyed green every St. Patrick’s Day, and it’s a really cool sight. To get a truly unique view of it, consider booking the St. Patrick’s Day River Booze Cruise
- You can also enjoy seeing the green Chicago River if you go watch the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, where you can also see colorful floats, Irish step dancers, marching bands, bagpipers…and lots & lots of green!
- What’s a good St. Patrick’s Day celebration without a good drink? You can enjoy great drink specials with no cover charges during Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Bar Crawl.
If you’re not from around Chicago, then you may need a place to stay. Here are some suggestions:
- If you are planning on going to the parade, then a great hotel would be the Fairmont Chicago Millennium, as it is just steps away from Michigan Avenue
- If you are flying into Chicago & you do not want to rent a car, then the Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport is a great choice
- If you want to save money during your Chicago trip, here are some 3 & 4-star hotels you can get for under $100/night