If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
On August 26, 2023, Buffalonians with Irish ancestry will be loud and proud about their heritage at the South Buffalo Irish Festival. Learn about Irish music, songs, cuisine, dance, culture and much more in this fun, family friendly event. This will be happening at Cazenovia Park in Buffalo on August 26, 2023, from 11 am to 10:30 pm.
There will be nonstop entertainment at the Irish Festival. There are two stages plus a stage in the Kids Zone.
Entertainment Lineup On The Main Stage
- 11 am – The Blarney Bunch
- 11:45 am – Yellow Jack
- 12:40 pm – Harris Greico Academy Irish Dancers
- 1 pm – Dady & Ryan
- 2 pm – McCarthyizm
- 3 pm – Anthems
- 3:10 pm – Rince The Tiaras Irish Dancers
- 3:30 pm – Bagpipes
- 3:45 pm – Johnny Hart & The Mess
- 4:45 pm – Crikwater
- 6 pm – Ryfe Brewer & Barley Juice
- 7:30 pm – Jackdaw
- 9 pm – The Walker Roaders
Trad Stage – Presented by 42 North Brewing Company
- 11 am – Session hosted by John Ryan
- 12 pm – Kindred
- 1:30 pm – Banog
- 3 pm – Sedanta
- 4:30 pm – Randy Clepper & John Sherman
- 6 pm – Drank The Gold
The Kids Zone will have a rock wall, an obstacle course and a stage with entertainment.
- 12:30 pm – John Colton with a high energy performance for the young and the young at heart.
- 2 pm – Todd Nelson – Magic and Comedy Show
- 3:30 pm – John Dady – Kids songs and sing along from the Irish and American folk traditions
- 4:30 pm – Emmalee’s Memories – Disney Princess Sing & Dance Along and Princess Training with your favorite characters.
The Culture Circle
This is for those who are curious about all things Irish. The festival will be giving free family friendly workshops and masterclasses in Irish dance, music and more.
Workshops & Classes
- Singing Circle
- Beginner Fiddle Workshop
- Introduction to Irish Solo and Celtic Dancing
- Fiddle Music
- Tunes & Ballads Workshop
- Irish Music for Classical Players
- Introduction to Irish Accompaniment
- South Buffalo Irish Trivia
There will be a traditional Irish Music Session at 9 pm. This is for everyone to put everything they learned in the music and dance workshops into practice with a traditional music session open to all ages and levels.
If you want to go to the Irish Festival and look the part, use our link to see some lovely Irish dance skirts and dresses.
The South Buffalo Irish Festival is a free event and it is family friendly. Security will be on site for the safety of the attendees.
Some of the best Buffalo restaurants will be at the festival with delicious dishes, desserts and snacks for sale. Beer and other alcoholic beverages plus non-alcoholic beverages will also be available for purchase.
After the festival, if you want to enjoy Irish cuisine, you should try the 7 Best Irish Restaurants in Buffalo as chosen by the users of TripAdvisor.
- Gene McCarthy’s
- Blackthorn Restaurant & Pub
- Irishman Pub & Eatery
- O’Neill’s Stadium Inn
- Rafferty’s Irish Pub
- Swan Street Diner
If you love Irish food but can’t get to these restaurants one night, you can get food from O’Neill’s Stadium Inn delivered by DoorDash. Check out their menu.
If you’d like to visit Buffalo for the South Buffalo Irish Festival, you should consider the following hotels. They are all offering discounted rates which can save you money on your stay.
- Sleep Inn Keepers Lane – 19% Discount
- Quality Inn Near Walden Galleria Mall – 19% Discount
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Buffalo South I-90 – 16% Discount
- Comfort Inn Hospitality Drive – 15% Discount
- Curtiss Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collective – 5% Discount
- Econo Lodge Buffalo South – 5% Discount
- Sleep Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport – 5% Discount
- Comfort Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport – 5% Discount