If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
If you like tacos, you will absolutely love the Houston Press Tacolandia. The outdoor taco tasting festival is coming to the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou on Saturday, October 16, 2021, from 4 pm to 7 pm.
Be sure to come hungry for you will have unlimited samples of tacos from Houston’s best taquerias. If you like your tacos sweet, spicy, tangy, crunchy or savory, you’ll find something you’ll love at this festival. There will be urban contemporary tacos to authentic street style tacos and everything in between.
Some of Houston’s best restaurants and taco vendors will be bringing their signature tacos for you to enjoy. The Menu for the Festival will include
- JQ’s Tex-Mex BBQ with Smoked Crispy Carnitas Tacos
- Crunchy’s for the Munchies with Ground Chorizo Crunchy Tacos, Refried Beans, Lettuce & 2 Salsas
- Tostada Regia with Tacos de Bistec, Tacos Estilo Trompo, Tacos de Carnitas & Tacos de Barbacoa
- Los Tios with Crispy Beef Taco with a Small Puffy Queso on the side
- Click Virtual Food Hall with Coconut Chili Braised Pork Tacos
- Pacific Coast Tacos with Pulled Pork Tacos
- Tony’s Mexican Restaurant with Birria Tacos & Brisket Tacos
- Lawless Spirits & Kitchen with Sweet & Spicy Chicken Taco Minis
- El Quetzal Bakery & Restaurant with Pork Sausage Tacos with Chirmol Sauce
- Pier 6 Seafood – Lobster Tacos with Sriracha Mayo & Charred Corn Salsa
- The Jolly Roger with Carnitas Tacos & Barbacoa Tacos
- Mission Foods with Mission Street Taco Tortillas with Shredded Meat in Chipotle Sauce & Guerrero Corina Corn Tortillas with Guerrero Crackins in a Green Sauce
- Hughie’s Tavern & Grille with Char Siu Shredded BBQ Pork Taco Topped with an Asian Inspired Slaw
- La Chingada Tacos & Tequila with Tinga Chicken Tacos, Picadillo Tacos, Tinga Empanadas
- Tatemo with Taco de Carnitas with Salsa Verde on a Heirloom Corn Tortilla
- Marco’s Pepper Grill with Jerk Chicken Tacos with Caribbean Seasoned Sauteed Peppers & Onions, Jamaican Pepper Sauce & Secret White Sauce
- Puebla’s Mexican Kitchen with Beef Cheek Tacos & Carnitas Tacosilantro with Salsa made from Tomatillos & Jalapena
- La Argentina Gelato & Coffee with Gelato Dulce de Leche, Pistachio, Raspberry, Belgium Chocolate
More Things to Do
If all the sampling makes you thirsty, you can go to The Bar. There will be a variety of drinks for purchase from 11 Below Brewery, Monster Energy. Margaritas and more. Let the live Mariachi Band serenade you as you sip your craft beer and sample tacos.
A DJ will be there, spinning old and new tracks. Dance along to the beat. Use the Selfie Station to get Instagram worthy photos of you and your friends.
In the Mission Tortilla Zone, you can grab free tortilla chips and tortillas to try to make your favorite Tacolandia taco at home.
There will be a Pepper Eating Contest where you can win free tacos at participating restaurants. In the Ultimate Tacolandia Prize Game, if you correctly guess the number of pinto beans in the jar, you can win up to $200 in restaurant gift cards.
What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon! You’ll have so much fun at the 7th annual Houston Press Tacolandia that you’ll be counting the days to the 8th annual Tacolandia.
Are you looking for a way to save money on the festival? Click here and you can save $20 (44% discount) on each ticket.