If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
When you think of Mardi Gras you think of New Orleans, but another great city to celebrate Mardi Gras is actually Orlando, Florida! Here are 10 events going on around Orlando that will get you in that Mardi Gras Spirit:
- Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras Celebration: The best Mardi Gras celebration in Orlando has to be Mardi Gras celebration going on at the Universal Orlando Resort! You’ll get to enjoy parades, live New Orleans bands, delicious Cajun food, amazing concerts – and of course lots and lots of beads! We go into more detail about this event here.
- Matinee Pops: Mardi Gras in New Orleans: Listen to conductor & trumpeter Byron Stripling leading the orchestra through Louis Armstrong, Fats Domino & Mahalia Jackson selections on Saturday, March 9th. You can get discounted tickets by clicking here.
- Mardi Gras Rooftop Dinner: You can enjoy a New Orleans inspired 4-course dinner at the Mardi Gras Rooftop Dinner on February 27th at Paddlefish, a great restaurant located in Disney Springs (and if you want a hotel that’s within walking distance, consider staying at Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista or Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa).
- Parade at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter: The Port Orleans: French Quarter at Walt Disney World Resort is a great hotel any time of the year, but it is even more special during Mardi Gras! In addition to the great New Orleans and Mardi Gras vibe of the hotel, you can enjoy a parade at Port Orleans: French Quarter and Port Orleans: Riverside (another great hotel this time of the year).
- Mardi Gras Dinner Buffet: Enjoy a Mardi Gras themed dinner buffet at The Grove Resort Orlando. You can enjoy delicious Cajun favorites like Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya, Cajun Mac & Cheese and Southern Fried Chicken.
- Mardi Gras Pool Party at Surfari Water Park: Also at The Grove Resort Orlando is a Mardi Gras Pool Party on March 2nd where there will be mask making, crafts, bead trivia, music, dancing, games & more!
- Seven Seas Food Festival at SeaWorld Orlando: If you visit the Seven Seas Food Festival Friday through Saturday before or after Mardi Gras, then head by the Gulf Coast Market, where you can celebrate Mardi Gras by enjoying delicious Jambalya, Shrimp Po Boy, New Orleans Crawfish Boil and Cajun Lobster Cheesecake. There are also a lot of great drinks offered at the Gulf Coast Market, like Three Pears Pinot Grigio, Mayport Red, Clearwater Honey Cream, Handcraft Petit Syrah, Pomelo Rose and Hurricane. You can find out more information about the Seven Seas Festival here.
- Annual Mardi Gras Celebration & Free Crawfish Eating Contest at Hot N Juicy Crawfish Orlando: Enjoy drink specials, a free crawfish eating contest plus a lot of fun at Hot N Juicy Crawfish on March 5, 2019.
- Mardi Gras at The Big Easy: Over in Winter Garden there’s a great Mardi Gras event on Tuesday, March 5th at The Big Easy. You’ll be able to enjoy hot boiled crawfish, a mask contest, live music, $5 Hurricanes all day, giveaways and more!
- Mardi Gras Scavenger Hunt/Crawl: Over in nearby Jacksonville, you can enjoy a Mardi Gras Scavenger Hunt/Crawl on March 5th. Clues will lead you around Riverside and this scavenger hunt incorporates bar stops & drinking games along the way! And if you click this link, you can save 50% on a ticket.