If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Seattle Cherry Blossom & Japanese Cultural Festival is dedicated to increasing the understanding and friendship between the people of Japan and the Pacific Northwest. It will be happening on April 14, 15 and 16, 2023, at the Armory Food & Event Hall and the Fisher Pavilion.
The Festival features
- Martial Arts Demonstrations
- Kimono Dress Up
- Contemporary Japanese Art
- Loto Music
- Technological Innovations
- Tea Ceremonies
- Children’s Hands On Activities
- Taiko Drumming
- Culinary Treats
The Seattle Cherry Blossom & Japanese Cultural Festival is the first ethnic festival held annually at Seattle Center and the oldest in Seattle’s Festal series. The first festival was begun by Mayor Wes Uhlman to commemorate the gift of 1,000 cherry trees given to Seattle for the U.S. Bicentennial by Japan’s Prime Minister. It has grown into a three day festival enjoyed by thousands of people each year.
The festival serves as a way for people to exchange ideas and to recognize cultural contributions and achievements of the Japanese American community. Hanami, the custom of viewing cherry blossoms, is a reminder to celebrate life.
If you’d like to know more about Japanese cooking, try these cookbooks. Use our links to see how you can save money on them.
- Japanese Cookbook For Beginners by Emma Yang
- Just One Cookbook Essential Japanese Recipes by Namako Chen
- Japanese Soul Cooking by Tadashi Ono and Harris Salat
Or you can enjoy Japanese cuisine at the 15 Best Japanese restaurants in Seattle as chosen by the users of TripAdvisor.
- Unii Sake House
- Japanese Sushi Cocina
- Sushi Kashiba
- Sushi Kappo Tamura
- I Love Sushi
- Kuzuki Ramen & Izakaya
- Monaki Restaurant
- Katsu Burger
- Ramen Darbo
If you’d like to visit Seattle for the Cherry Blossom & Japanese Festival, you should consider the following hotels. These hotels are offering discounts which can save you money on your stay.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
- Staybridge Suites Seattle – Fremont
- The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel Seattle
- Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, an IHG Hotel
- Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle North
- Hilton Seattle
- Travelodge by Wyndham Seattle North of Downtown
- Fairmont Olympic Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown, an IHG Hotel
- Residence Inn by Marriott South Downtown Convention Center
- Hotel Andra South, MGallery Hotel Collection
- Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport
- Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
- Kasa The Oxford Seattle
- The Sound Hotel Seattle Belltown, Tapestry Collection by Hilton