If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Crawfish here! Crawfish there! Crawfish everywhere at the Crawfish Festival!!
The Crawfish Festival is coming to the Fountain Valley Sports Park in Fountain Valley, California. It will be happening on May 20, 21 and 22, 2022. Come hungry and thirsty and be prepared to have a blast!
The Food Court will have an abundance of New Orleans inspired cuisine including
- Frog Legs
- Red Beans and Rice
- Bread Pudding
- Cafe du Monde Style Chicory Coffee
You can also enjoy BBQ, Thai, Mexican, American, Chinese and more international foods and desserts. For attendees 21+, beer, wine, Margaritas and more will be available for purchase. Of course, lots and lots of crawfish will be prepared many different ways.
The Festival spans the entire weekend, beginning at 5 pm on Friday and ending at 9 pm on Sunday. And all of it will be packed with fun, New Orleans style! There will be DJs, live music, dancing and dance instruction.
There will be a Karaoke Lounge with a live band. Join them on stage and become the lead singer. You can dress up with stage props. Everyone should be a rock star once in their lives.
Meet the Crawfish Festival Official Mascot. Be sure to get a selfie with him.
See the Bayou Sunflowers New Orleans Live Cooking Demonstrations. Learn how to make beignets, the official Louisiana state doughnut (with no hole). Try Crawfish Beignets using a 120 year old recipe passed down through the generations. Also learn how to cook Weenie Mac, the Louisiana version of macaroni and cheese.
Learn how to do the Second Line Parade and join the Conga line. This is a wild, strutting dance step. A Second Line invites crowd participation. It is a deep rooted French Quarter tradition passed down through generations. There will be a Second Line Parade and prizes will go to the Best Dancer and the Best Costume.
DJ DiYs and DJXX7 from KLIQ Radio Station will be there spinning mixes throughout the day and evening.
There will be a FREE Service E-Photo Booth to capture all the fun you’re having.
The family friendly entertainment will include
- The Magic of Rafael Magic & Illusion Show as seen on America’s Got Talent. Enjoy amazing tricks, audience participation and humorous asides.
- David Sousa & the Zydeco Mudbugs will give you the best of zydeco from the early days to the present.
- Ruben Moreno Zydeco, Texas’ best zydeco band
- The Rhythm & Blues Revue, a tribute to Jake & Elwood, the Blues Brothers
- Andrew Thierry and his band, Zydeco Magic – Thierry is a Grammy nominated Creole musician with accordion soul music.
- Bear Brass with traditional New Orleans jazz infused with themes of today’s pop music culture
- Fortunate Son – Tribute to Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Brothers Igniting A Groove B.I.G. is an R&B and old school funk band.
Sounds like a fabulous weekend, doesn’t it? Are you looking for a way to save money on the Crawfish Festival? Of course, you are. Click here and you can save $6 (46% discount) on each ticket.
Fountain Valley is within 10 miles of Los Alamos, Anaheim, Orange, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Newport Beach, Irvine and Seal Beach. Fountain Valley is 14 miles from Long Beach, 29 miles from Los Angeles, 35 miles from Glendale, 38 miles from Riverside and 47 miles from San Bernardino.