If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Hotel Vancouver’s history dates back to 1888. It was the first of many grand hotels developed across Canada by railroad empires. To enlarge and modernize, “the Castle in the City” was built in 1939. The height of the hotel is 365 feet, one foot for each day of the year. At the time it was built, it could be seen from 50 miles away. The hotel was the tallest building in Vancouver until 1972 when the TD Tower surpassed it.
Over the years, its guests have included Mark Twain, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, the Crown Prince of Norway, Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret, Prime Minister Indira Ghandi, Bob Hope, Liberace and more.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver reflects timeless luxury and the renovated grandeur of the present.
Notch8 Restaurant & Bar features regional fare including prized classics and new favorites. It brings a new era of glamour to the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
The holidays are a magical time of year at “the Castle in the city.” You are invited to join them and experience the festive decor, holiday events and culinary offerings.
Festival of the Trees
The Festival of Trees is a cherished community tradition for over 30 years. More than 30 uniquely decorated trees will be lining the hotel lobby. Each tree has been decorated by local businesses and organizations to raise funds for the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. Everyone is invited to join in the fun and vote for their favorite tree.
Holiday Afternoon Tea In Notch8
Holiday Afternoon Tea is a longstanding tradition at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. On Wednesday through Sunday, there will be Seatings at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm. This will begin on November 22, 2023, and go until December 30, 2023, except on December 23, 24 and 25.
Afternoon Tea Menu
- Winter Spiced Candied Orange Scone
- Classic Buttermilk Scone
- Sweet Cream Scone
- Strawberry Scone
- Turkey with cranberry, aioli sage stuffing & whole wheat
- Chicken Liver Mousse Tart with port gelee & marinated shallot
- Truffled Egg Salad with winter black truffle & Pullman loaf
- Smoked Salmon with puffed pastry grissini, sour cream & chives
- Emperor Ham with gruyere, grainy mustard, candied apple, and brioche bun
- Bakewell Galette with Cherry Pistachio Frangipane
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie with snow powder
- Meringue Festive Tree with white chocolate minted granola
- Gingerbread Cheese Cake with spiced eggnog Chantilly cream
- Candy Cane Macaron with torched meringue
Pricing is $74 per adult and $40 for children
Reservations are needed.
Christmas High Tea In The Pacific Ballroom
On December 23, 24 and 25, 2023, Christmas High Tea will be served in the Pacific Ballroom with 11 am and 2 pm Seatings. There will be live entertainment with classical holiday music and a performance by Ballet BC.
Christmas High Tea Menu
- Sweet Cream With Marmalade Scone
- Apple Caramel Scone
- Classic Buttermilk Scone
- Torched Scallop with passion fruit pearls brioche
- Foie Gras Torchon with chicken liver mousse tart with port gelee and marinated shallot
- Truffled Egg Salad with winter black truffle with Pullman loaf
- Duck Prosciutto Grissini with mustard marinated apple
- Northern Devine Caviar with potato croquette creme fraiche
- Black Forest 2.0 with flourless bitter chocolate cake with panna cotta filling and morello cherry
- Amaretto Ricotta Cheese Cake with candied cranberries
- Limoncello Cream Tart with fresh blueberries torched meringue
- Champagne Truffle with Dom Pérignon champagne center and dark chocolate cremeux
- Pistachio Eclair with pistachio mousseline cream, brittle chocolate ganache, and gold flakes
Pricing is $99 for adults and $50 for children.
Notch8 Christmas Eve Dinner
This has sold out.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Christmas Brunch
This Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Christmas Brunch at Notch8 has unfortunately already sod out.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Christmas Dinner
This has unfortunately sold out.
Fairmont Vancouver New Year’s Eve Dinner Party
New Year’s Eve Dinner Party will be on December 31, 2023, from 5 pm until 12 am. Notch8 Restaurant & Bar will serve a delectable 3 course dinner. Ring in the New Year with them and enjoy live entertainment and a complimentary glass of champagne.
New Year’s Eve Menu
- Oyster with citrus pearls, cucumber chili herb water and sea foam
For The Table
- Chef Eric’s Brioche with seaweed miso butter
- Fire Roasted Panera Tikka with spiced beluga lentil salad, tamarind water, pickled root vegetables and fresh herb salad
- Yellowfin Tuna Tartare with northern divine caviar, tomato jam, citrus pearls sea foam & potato chips
- Char Siu Sablefish with scallion ginger sauce, salad egg yolk & dungeness crab risotto, spinach and crispy salsify
- 8 oz. Beef Tenderloin with broccolini, warm sweet potato salad, cipollini onion and roasted bone marrow sauce
- Truffle Mushroom Ravioli with winter black truffle, parmesan and smoked chanterelle mushroom
- Flambe Baked Alaska with amarena cherry, hard chocolate and single origin bitter chocolate ice cream
- Blood Orange Polenta with vanilla stewed citrus and mandarin sorbet
Pricing is $99 per adult and $49 per child.
This will sell out. You can make a reservation here.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Holiday Stay
If you’d like to visit Fairmont Hotel Vancouver for the holidays, you can discover ways to save money on your stay here.