If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
This year, we’ve seen a number of restaurants and experiences returning to Walt Disney World, such as these EPCOT tours. And it’s time to add another Disney favorite to the list. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is reopening!
We’re going to go over everything you need to know, from what the Akershus restaurant is like, to the opening date, to what you can expect from the current menu!
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is located near the popular Frozen Ever After ride in the Norway Pavilion of the World Showcase. It’s a beautiful restaurant designed to look like a medieval castle. (Actually, it’s even a bit fancier than the real Akershus Castle in Oslo, Norway.)
In addition to the decor and the Norwegian themed food (more about that later), a big draw of the restaurant is the characters! You see, this dining experience has princesses. Which princesses, you might ask? Check out this Akershus dining review to see which Disney characters are included!
When will Akershus Royal Banquet Hall reopen?
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is reopening on November 4, 2022. Dining reservations are highly recommended. You can make reservations through the Walt Disney World website or with the My Disney Experience app.
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Menu
The price is $63.00 for adults and $41.00 for children who are between 3 and 9 years old. Please note that (unlike some dining experiences at Disney World) tax and gratuity is NOT included in that price.
You’ll be able to enjoy Norwegian-inspired cuisine, such as:
- Traditional kjØttkake (Norwegian meatballs)
- Grilled salmon with herbed butter
- Kylling og Melboller: Norwegian Chicken and Dumplings
- Lefse with Cardamom-Cinnamon Butter
- And more!
For dessert, your table will receive a platter of 2 Norwegian-inspired desserts, served family style.
Other EPCOT Restaurants
Looking for other EPCOT dining options during a trip to Orlando, Florida? Check out these EPCOT restaurant reviews:
- Via Napoli – This is a restaurant in the Italy Pavilion of the World Showcase that’s well known for its delicious pizza.
- Tutto Italia – Here’s another excellent Italian restaurant in the World Showcase.
- La Creperie de Paris – Enjoy savory galettes and sweet crêpes in the France Pavilion, near the Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction.
- Spice Road Table – This restaurant in the Morocco Pavilion has beautiful views of the World Showcase Lagoon.
- Rose & Crown Harmonious Dining Package – With this package, you’ll dine at Rose & Crown Dining Room in the United Kingdom Pavilion and view the Harmonious nighttime fireworks show.
- Space 220 Restaurant – At this restaurant, you’ll feel as if you’ve traveled up into outer space.
More Help with Travel Planning
Here are a few more resources to help you plan your Walt Disney World vacation:
- How to Stay Cool at EPCOT – No matter what time of year you visit, it’s likely to be quite hot during at least part of your trip.
- Discount Disney World Tickets – Make sure you use one of these methods to buy your park tickets so that you can save money.
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World – This book helped both with writing this blog entry as well as with Disney trips in the past for our family.