If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
If you live in the Washington DC area and you love to travel as much as I do, then I’m sure you’re often looking for a good flight deal.
But what if I told you there was a way that you could find the best prices for flights even if you don’t have a particular destination in mind?
You can do this if you use Skyscanner, a website I absolutely love using to find the cheapest flights – and I know you will, too.
Just follow these steps:
- Click here. You should now see the following screen:
- You will see under the box “From” it says “Washington Dulles, DC (IAD)”. Under that is a box marked “Add nearby airports”. If you only want to fly out of Dulles, then keep the box unchecked. If you would be willing to take a flight in a nearby airport, make sure that box is checked.
- The next box says “To”. Leave that box empty.
- Under “depart” and “return” put in the dates you want to travel.
- Under “Cabin Class & Travelers”, mark how many passengers will be going on the flight.
- Press the button “Search flights”.
Now you are taken to a screen that shows you the cheapest flights for a variety of countries (United States, Mexico, France, Cuba, Brazil, United Kingdom, Iceland, Israel, Ireland, China, Costa Rica, etc). Now you can check to see which destinations would be the most affordable. Happy traveling!