If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City is a wonderful choice for a family vacation. It’s conveniently located at Exit 61 on Interstate 90 with easy access to Mount Rushmore National Monument, and from personal experience, this is the best area to stay after a day at Mount Rushmore. Plus, the hotel is home to the largest indoor water park in South Dakota, with water slides, a lazy float river, arcade & lounge. Additionally, the hotel has Sliders Bar, which has a horseshoe shaped bar with a 10 foot video wall where you can watch your favorite sports event & there’s a clear acrylic tube where you can watch the water park action.
Additionally, the hotel offers a Stay & Play Package that helps you save money and have more fun on your vacation. Book this package and you get:
- 5 Watiki Water Park Passes
- LIV It Up rewards cards that gives you free cinnasquares with the purchase of a Marco’s Pizza
- 10% discount on a breakfast item at the 24 hours on-site Perkins Restaurant
- 15% discount at the on-site Starbucks (applies to the entire order)
- $20 in free play at Cadillac Jack’s Gamine Resort & Tin Lizzies Gaming Resort in Deadwood
- Free access to the Vertex Sky Bar at the Historic Hotel Alex Johnson
- Free beverage at on-site Sliders Bar