If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Selkirk Arms Hotel in Kirkcudbright, Scotland is a great hotel any time of the year.
But perhaps it is even more special during the Christmas season. That is because of the great festivities taking place during the Christmas season.
We want to tell you about some of these festivities. We’ll also tell you about the hotel. And then we’ll tell you how you can save money with a stay at Selkirk Arms.
Selkirk Arms Christmas Menu
Selkirk Arms has a Festive Fayre menu available at lunch and dinner from 1st December to 24th December. This menu operates alongside their main menu. If you get two courses, it costs £28. If you get three courses, it costs £35. This price also includes coffee & mince pies.
- Cauliflower & Stilton Soup
- Crispy sage, pomegranate molasses, toasted almonds & croutons
- Galloway Venison & Black Truffle Terrine
- Poacher’s pickle, pork soaked figs & toasted brioche
- Dark Sky Gin Cured Salmon
- Horseradish cream, baby beetroot, grapefruit & parsnip crisps
- Roast British turkey
- Glazed carrots & parsnips, roast potatoes, sprouts, stuffing, pig in blanket, bread sauce & gravy
- Herb Crust Sea Bass Filet
- Celeriac puree, confit potatoes, baby leeks & spiced sherry butter sauce
- Chestnut & cashew rut roast
- Glazed carrot & parsnips, roast potato, bread sauce, sprouts & veggie gravy
- Sticky Toffee Christmas pudding
- Toffee and brandy sauce, vanilla ice cream & red currants
- Cranachan Trifle
- Raspberry compote, vanilla cream, crème anglaise, whisky & honey soaked sponge
- Dark Chocolate & mincemeat tart
- Sour cherry compote & honeycomb ice cream
- Coffee & mince pies
Christmas Party Night
Christmas Party Night is back at Selkirk Arms Hotel. It takes place on Saturday 16th December. A ticket for this event costs £38 per person.
Activities at the party include party games, disco, and team challenges. Your tickets also get you hats, crackers, and a delicious, festive 3-course meal.
Selkirk Arms Hotel
Selkirk Arms Hotel is privately owned and operated by married couple Chris & Sue Walker. it is a 4-star townhouse hotel with seventeen bedrooms. They also have two restaurants serving award-winning cuisine using the best of local produce. The hotel also has two bars and cosy lounges.
There are a lot of great outdoor activities you can enjoy like fishing, horseback riding, cycling, golf, stargazing at Galloway Forest Park, or a beautiful walk in nature. The hotel is also close to a lot of great tourist destinations:
- The Stewartry Museum: 400 feet
- Kirkcudbright Galleries: 0.1 miles
- MacLellan Castle: 0.2 miles
- Kirkcudbright Marina: 0.5 miles
- Dundrennan Abbey: 6 miles
- Senwick Alpaca Trekking: 6 miles
- Galloway Activity Centre: 18 miles
Discount Hotel Rates
Looking for discounted hotel rates at Selkirk Arms Hotel? Click here to pay a great rate for the hotel.
But don’t delay booking your holiday. There is limited space in the hotel, especially during the holiday season.