If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is one of the best cities to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This year, come see it for yourself and visit Pittsburgh to see why Pittsburgh is so famous for its St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations
What to Do
- The Parade: Pittsburgh’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Downtown Pittsburgh is the 2nd largest St. Patrick’s Day Parade in the country. Enjoy seeing the more than 200 wonderful floats and marching bands
- The Parties: There are a lot of great St. Patrick’s Day parties around Pittsburgh. I suggest attending the St. Patrick’s Day Blast over at Jergel’s Rhythm Grille in Warrendale. Not only is it a great event, but the proceeds benefit the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation!
- The Bar Crawls: Since St. Patrick’s Day is so famous for drinking, it would only be fitting to try out all the great drinks at Pittsburgh bars! You can get a discounted rate for the Pittsburgh Shamrock Crawl here.
Where to Stay
- Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown: When I visit Pittsburgh, I like to stay at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown. You can read my review here.
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Downtown Pittsburgh: Another great hotel to stay in if you want to be close to the parade and other Downtown Pittsburgh St. Patrick’s Day events is Doubletree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Downtown Pittsburgh, where you’re right across from the “T” public transit train.
- Comfort Inn Cranberry Township: If you want to save money, consider staying out of town at the Comfort Inn Cranberry Township, where you can still travel into Pittsburgh – and you could be closer to the St. Patrick’s Day Blast in Warrendale.