If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Art of Animation is a wonderful on-site Disney World hotel for families (you can see all my reasons why I think you should visit Art of Animation here). So if you’re planning a Walt Disney World trip in Orlando, Florida and are considering staying at the Art of Animation Resort, here are 5 ways I think you can save money:
- Book through Hotels.com: I’ve had the best luck finding good deals for Art of Animation through Hotels.com, especially when looking for a non-suite room. Art of Animation has mostly suites but there is one section (the Little Mermaid room) that has standard rooms and I’ve found rates on Hotels.com for around $150/night, which is a steal considering it’s a Disney hotel (and a really good Disney hotel, too). I’ve also found more availability of rooms at Hotels.com that even Disney’s website. So I would start here in my search for a good deal for Art of Animation rooms.
- Undercover Tourist: This is another great website to look for good prices for Art of Animation rooms. I have found that Undercover Tourist often has great prices for the suites in particular, so if you want more space this is a great website to use to try to find a good deal for an on-site Disney suite.
- Expedia: Expedia is a great website to use when looking for good deals for Disney World hotels. You can often save up to 25% on Disney hotels, plus you can also book your hotel along with your tickets (and if you’re flying into Orlando, you can also book your hotel & tickets along with your flight; see more information here about Expedia Disney World vacation packages).
- HotelWiz: HotelWiz offers a lot of great promotional codes that can save you up to $100 on a hotel stay, so I would also check through HotelWiz’s website to find the promo codes (you can find them by clicking here) & look for available rooms at Art of Animation.
- Swagbucks: And finally, there is one way I like to use to get discounted rates on Disney hotel stays, and that is Swagbucks. Swagbucks is a way you can earn money online doing things like taking surveys, watching videos or even just your every day online purchases (see more information about Swagbucks here). If you’re planning ahead and sign up for Swagbucks today, you could earn to buy Walmart gift cards, which you can then use to buy Disney gift cards at Sam’s Club at a discount price (if you don’t have/don’t want to get a Sam’s Club membership, you can also use your Walmart gift cards to buy Disney gift cards at Walmart, but that won’t be at a discount). You can then book your Disney vacation through Disney’s website and use your Disney gift cards towards the balance of your vacation. Earning Swagbucks is not as hard as you might think, and it is a great way to reduce how much money you have to pay towards a Disney trip.