If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Are you considering going skiing or snowboarding in Alaska? Want to know the best places to go? Well, when I am considering visiting a new place, I often check TripAdvisor to find out what there is to do, where to go, and I read reviews. And if you look for skiing & snowboarding in Alaska, you can see the top 10 areas in Alaska for ski & snowboard. Additionally, if you click on the area, you can not only see pictures & read reviews, but you can see nearby hotels and where to find the cheapest hotels.
So here are the top 10 areas:
- Alyeska Ski Area: 40 miles south of Fairbanks, in Girdwood
- Ski Land: Located at Mt. Aurora in Fairbanks
- Eaglecrest Ski Area: Located at Gastineau Channel on Douglas Island in Juneau
- Arctic Valley: Located just in Anchorage just 10 miles from downtown
- Points North Heli-Adventures: Located in Cordova, it is the only heli-skiing operation on the southeastern side of the Chugach Mountains
- Government Park Recreation Area: In Palmer, Alaska, which is part of the Anchorage metro area
- Alaska Powder Descents: Located in Juneau
- Moose Mountain: Mid-sized ski area about 10 miles west of Fairbanks, in Goldstream
- Hilltop Ski Area: A ski area in Anchorage near Chugach State Park at the base of the Chugach Mountains
- Birch Hill Ski & Snowboard Area: Great place for snowboarding & skiing in Fort Wainwright, Alaska