If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
I love visiting Disneyland in Anaheim, California in October at Halloween time. Not only are the parks decorated for Halloween, but there are also special fun things that only Disney could come up. I think your family would absolutely love visiting Disneyland (and if you would like a trip, check out these 10 ways to save money on a Disneyland trip). Here are 10 reasons why you’ll love a Halloween Disneyland visit:
- Main Street Pumpkin Festival: I absolutely love all of the hundreds of hallow-themed pumpkins that are decorated all throughout Main Street, U.S.A. you can see when you walk in the park
- Meet Unique Characters: Disneyland is a great place to meet your favorite characters, and visiting at Halloween will give you the special chance of meeting characters you don’t normally get to see. This includes Vampirina, the lovable star of the hit Disney Junior Show, at Hollywood Boulevard in Disney California Adventure Park. You can also meet Pumpkin King Jack Skellington & Sally from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas outside of Haunted Mansion in Disneyland.
- Seeing Disney characters in costume: You might be able to see classic characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, etc. during the year, but have you seen them dressed up in costume? You’ll definitely want to snap a picture of yourself or your kid with Disney characters in Halloween costumes, trust me!
- Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy: An awesome thing about visiting the parks during Halloween is you get a chance to ride some of your favorites, but with a Halloween twist. So if you’ve loved riding Space Mountain at Disneyland, I know you’re going to love riding Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy!
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark: Like Space Mountain, you’ll love the Halloween version of this ride over at California Adventures
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: This is my favorite Halloween version ride. I’ve ridden Haunted Mansion so many times, but when you ride Haunted Mansion Holiday it’s like a completely new ride – a really awesome completely new ride, with a Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas theme!
- Haul-O-Ween Dress Up: See your favorite Cars characters dressed up for Haul-O-Ween over at Cars Land at Disney California Adventure
- Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree: At Cars Land at Disney California Adventure, you can enjoy a haunted hootenanny with creepy country tunes all with a “Haul-O-Ween” twist (such as “Monster Truck Smash”)
- Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween: Enjoy a ghoulishly grand song ‘n’ dance bash over in Cars Land at California Adventure
- Mickey’s Halloween Party: If you want even more fun, you can buy tickets for this special event. It is not included in your park admission but you can 714-781-4400 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM PST to get tickets for this event.