If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is a wonderful luxury hotel that’s part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. It has a beautiful architectural style of Northern California and the beauty of the resort is enough reason to stay there, but its close proximity to Disneyland, Downtown Disney & Disney California Adventure is perhaps the best reason to stay there – I mean, it even has its own special entrance to Disney California Adventure! Plus, you can get extra time in the parks and wake up calls from Disney characters.
Unfortunately, it is the most expensive Disneyland hotel, but there are ways for you to save money when staying there. Here are 5 ways:
- Book through David’s Vacation Club: Part of the Grand Californian Resort & Spa is a wing with just Disney Vacation Club villas. Now, if you are not a Disney Vacation Club member, you might think you can’t stay there, but the truth is, you still can. You just have to rent through Disney Vacation Club Members, which might sound complicated but it’s actually not because you can book through David’s Vacation Club and they will take care of the complicated parts and save you a ton of money. I should know; I am not a Disney Vacation Club member and have used David’s a bunch and have had nothing but wonderful experiences! Just watch this video to find out how to do it.
- Earn free gift cards: Another way to save money on Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is to get free Disney gift card. Now, how do you do that? Well, first you can earn Swagbucks through things like shopping online, watching videos and taking surveys. You use these Swagbucks to buy Walmart gift cards. You can then use those Walmart gift cards at Sam’s Club to buy Disney gift cards and you can use your Disney gift cards to book a room at the Grand Californian through Disney’s website. I love paying for Disney this way; you should definitely sign up for Swagbucks (and if you don’t want to use a Disney gift card to book Grand Californian, you can also use those Disney gift cards to buy Disney tickets or buy dining during your stay). Find out more about how to use Swagbucks here.
- Book through Expedia: If the two above options sounds too complicated, that is absolutely fine, because you can use Expedia to get a discounted rate. They always offer great rates for Disneyland hotels; they’re often up to 25% off.
- HotelWiz: Another great way to save on your stay at Grand Californian is by booking through HotelWiz. You can save up to $100 with their online coupons. Just click here to get the coupon codes.
- Undercover Tourist: Undercover Tourist has helped me save money on lots of Disney hotels & attractions, and the Grand Californian is no different. Definitely check out Undercover Tourist for good rates for Disney’s Grand Californian.