If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
The Chinese New Year Event at Hong Kong Disneyland is running from the 18th of January through the 4th of March, and if you haven’t already visited yet, then I highly recommend you do!
There are so many things there that will make your visit there great.
Here are 5 that you can get with your Hong Kong Disneyland park ticket:
- Decorations: Main Street, U.S.A is beautifully decorated in the spirit of the Chinese New Year.
- Character Opportunities: Meet God of Fortune Goofy and see some other Disney favorites (like Mickey, Minnie, Duffy, Donald, Daisy, Chip ‘n’ Dale, etc.) dressed in their Chinese New Year outfits and get great photos so you can remember this event for years to come!
- Chinese New Year Market: Each night, Main Street, U.S.A. and the plaza will be transformed into a special Night Market, which offers festive delicacies & specialties with Disney theming, such as the Mickey-shaped Red Bean pudding and Egg puffs or Mickey-shaped Maltose Toast. You can also purchase a Disney Greeting Windmill, Disney Blessing Ornament or an exclusive goody bag.
- Food: The great food won’t be exclusive to just at night! You can get great cuisine all over the resort (in both the parks and resorts) and you can celebrate the Chinese New Year with Mickey Mouse at Chef Mickey.
- Gifts of Fortune: More than 50 Disney & Chinese New Year-themed gifts will be available throughout Hong Kong Disneyland, such as a StellaLou plus in a traditional Chinese outfit, Super Hero edition red packets and new 101 Dalmatian plush toys – a great present to buy for the beginning of the Year of the Dog!
6. Hotel Fun & Decorations: By staying in a Disney hotel, you can enjoy in-room decorations and Chinese New Year-inspired amenities, like door decorations, towel art & festive slippers. There will also be arts & crafts at the hotel to help you or your kids create their very own Disney “Fai Chun,” Greeting Windmill & a New Year card & ornaments. There will be a Disney Lion Dance at Disney’s Hollywood Hotel, where children, as well as their families, can learn a few drum moves and dance to the beat. Guest staying at the Kingdom Club Level at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel can create an exclusive Mickey & Minnie Blessing Ornament & Disney Wish Board.